PDA

View Full Version : AK Fantasy Football League is Ready to Go!!

[AK]Hylander
08-14-2008, 04:11 PM
OK - The league is set up and ready! You can visit it by clicking on the link below:

August Knights SFFL (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/augustknightsffl)

League ID# 429365 (For those having trouble with above link)

Here are the reserved slots. I'm allowing up to 14 teams, so we have 2 openings if anyone is interested. Please let me know ahead of time though!

1) Hylander - Paid
2) Bribo - Paid
3) Camelwalk - Paid
4) Faxman - Paid
5) Beast - Paid
6) Osred - Paid
7) Beaker - Paid
8) Camel's Brother - Paid
9) Fight*Club - Paid
10) Swae - Paid

Password = AKLeague

Please let me know if you have any problems.

We decided that there would be a $25.00 entry fee. I'm hoping this will work simply by having everyone just Paypal me the money if that is agreeable? If so, please send the $25.00 to Scott@Husted.cc through Paypal. I'm verified, confirmed, and all that jazz. ;)

With 12 teams, that's currently $300.00 for the prize pool. $225.00 for SuperBowl Winner, $75.00 for SuperBowl Loser.

DRAFT: Monday, August 25 8:45pm EDT (Sorry West Coasters, that's the latest time slot available!) We may have some wiggle room but if you can't make it, please PLEASE make sure you rank your players prior to the draft so the auto-pick feature works for you. Believe it or not, I've seen autopicked teams do quite well and with trades, cuts, etc.. you can do very well if you take your time and set this up "just in case".

[AK]Swae
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm getting an error when I follow your link -

You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)

I don't see anywhere to enter a pw or sign in. Am I missing something?

edit : Found a workaround, I'm in.

[AK]Faxman
08-14-2008, 04:42 PM
I've picked up the same error.

[AK]Swae
08-14-2008, 04:59 PM
If you look at the top of the page where you get the error, it shows the AK team ID#. If you then go to the Yahoo FFL home, you can "Join a League" by entering the ID# and the password. It's how I got in, anyhow.

Ok, so I have a question - I'm busy researching my team and need to know...how many of each position do you get to draft? Is it set somewhere or can you take whatever you want?

[AK]Squidly
08-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Not sure why, but you sent me an invite, Hylander.

I ignored it.

[AK]Hylander
08-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Squidly;84817']Not sure why, but you sent me an invite, Hylander.

I ignored it.

It automatically sent an invite to all those who were in last seasons league.

[AK]Bribo
08-14-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm in and joined.

Hy - can you email me your home address?

Thanks.

[AK]Hylander
08-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Swae;84810']If you look at the top of the page where you get the error, it shows the AK team ID#. If you then go to the Yahoo FFL home, you can "Join a League" by entering the ID# and the password. It's how I got in, anyhow.

Ok, so I have a question - I'm busy researching my team and need to know...how many of each position do you get to draft? Is it set somewhere or can you take whatever you want?

Swae - I don't see you registered for the league. Are you sure you got into the right league?

Also.. when you view the league settings, you will see how many players at each position you need (minimum).

[AK]Hylander
08-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Bribo;84819']I'm in and joined.

Hy - can you email me your home address?

Thanks.

Bribo... sure. Which email? If you don't want to post it, just drop me a PM.

Thanks.

[AK]FiGHT*CLuB
08-14-2008, 10:23 PM
The invite I recieved through my email worked and made rejoining very easy. I had no problems.

[AK]The Beast
08-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Paid and in. I had the invite waiting for me when I logged in to check my roto baseball team this morning.

[AK]Ozzred
08-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Paid and In as well.

and holy wow if we get 14 teams, requiring starting 2rb 3wr and 6 bench warmers!! Should make for a quite the deeeeep draft and player pool.

and for the newer players, by deep I mean having to look deep into rosters to find players.

Good luck everyone!

Bacardii
08-17-2008, 04:43 PM
O, I just found this post browsing! I would LOVE to get in on this...is there any slots open? If so let me know asap

Bacardii (WoW)

[AK]Hylander
08-18-2008, 07:39 AM
Right now we decided to hold at 12 teams so we are full. However, if someone drops out and/or doesn't pay their $25 franchise fee - the situation may change.

[AK]FiGHT*CLuB
08-22-2008, 08:50 AM
I just paid the $25

Were still short a few people.
The only people registered are;

Swae's Southern Boys
- Las Vegas Camels
- CAMEL'S BROTHER
- The Os Reds
- The Fantastic Faxes
- Bribo's Bombers
- FiGHT*CLuB KruSherS
- Beast's Beer Barons
- Lehigh Valley Pigs

[AK]Swae
08-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Ahh! Thanks for the reminder, I still need to ante up. I was having trouble with paypal last time I tried, so I'll straighten it out this weekend.

[AK]Beaker
08-22-2008, 11:05 AM
I'll figure this out too!

My plan was to use Claysbank to pay now I guess I'll use Clays Paypal!

[AK]Hylander
08-24-2008, 07:39 AM
Reminder that tomorrow is the Draft - a couple people still have not made contact, registered, or paid. I think Devil Dog and Stitch are the two who haven't registered yet.

[AK]Devil_Dog
08-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Hylander;84928']Right now we decided to hold at 12 teams so we are full. However, if someone drops out and/or doesn't pay their $25 franchise fee - the situation may change.

Things are a lot more busy then I thought they would be if Bacardii wants my place then it is his, if he hasn't registered by the end of today I will pay and jump in... I will keep checking to see...

[AK]Hylander
08-25-2008, 07:39 AM
Looks like we are going to run with just 10 teams, which is fine! See you tonight!

[AK]Swae
08-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Still having trouble retrieving my paypal password, but I promise I'm good for the cash. If I can't get mine working, I'll have Kidd send the $25 from his paypal.

So the draft is at 7:45 central, correct? Any tips for a newbie?

[AK]Beaker
08-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Swae,

That's what I did I had Claysbank pay for my habit! Or rather Clay's paypal, it just mysteriously got done!

Now I need to set my draft this evening and figure out how to do that!

[AK]Swae
08-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I'm a little unsure how the draft works. I have a list of 20 players that I want in what I think is a good breakdown of positions. I have them in order of what I think is most important --> least important. So how exactly does it work? When it's my turn, do I just say who I want assuming he hasn't already been taken? Am I locked into the order I have them ranked now?

And just out of curiosity, some of the guys I have on my list are pretty low ranked in the pre-draft rankings - like in the 4 digit zone. Is there a general rule of thumb about this, like don't draft anyone ranked below 500?

[AK]The Beast
08-25-2008, 09:17 AM
I'd be skeptical of players ranked in the 4-digit numbers. What happens is that the draft order is chosen randomly-- #1-10. We'll be in a little "chat room" with a list of players and some buttons and tabs. When it's your turn, you choose the player you want, and he's on your team (and unavailable to everyone else). For the second round, the draft order is reversed (so that #10 picks first and #1 picks last), then again in round 3, round 4, round 5...etc. So #10 picks two players in a row to end round 1/start round 2.

It's a good idea to rank the top 10-20 players at every single position. There are a lot of rounds in the draft so chances are good you won't get even half of your top 20 total players.

Part of the fun of the game is finding those "sleepers"--underrated guys who no one has ever heard of that have outstanding years. But you probably want to make sure that the guys you draft, especially early on, are going to have significant amounts of playing time in the games. It won't do you any good to take somebody's second-string quarterback, for instance--chances are good that he won't get into any games, and so won't get you any points.

It used to be that the first round or two was almost exclusively running backs, back when each team used to use one "featured" main guy. A lot of teams have 2 or even 3 who split carries, which means it's no longer "crazy" to take a QB or WR in the first round, especially late. ("Featured" RBs are still pretty valuable, because they can supplement the points they get from rushing yards and TDs with receiving points as well.)

[AK]Swae
08-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks Beast!

Looks like I have some work to do when I get home, since I only ranked 2-4 players in each position. Of course, I'm kind of doing a gimmick team, so my choices are limited (not gimmick as in not taking it seriously, just having fun with it).

See y'all tonight in vent!

[AK]Hylander
08-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Swae;85194']Thanks Beast!

Looks like I have some work to do when I get home, since I only ranked 2-4 players in each position. Of course, I'm kind of doing a gimmick team, so my choices are limited (not gimmick as in not taking it seriously, just having fun with it).

See y'all tonight in vent!

Swae - No problem. Myself, Beast, and Bribo have already come up with a plan for public AK flogging for those that don't pay. Trust me, after describing it to Camel he paid the next day!! ;)

The draft is 8:45EST tonight and about 30 minutes ahead of time, about 8:15EST - the system will randomly set the order for the draft. I do not pick the order of the draft. Also, even if you don't have "your" ranking - you can always get a rough idea because Yahoo has the default rankings in place. My suggestion is to pick Shaun Alexander as your first choice. :uzi:

On a serious note - please remember that kick returners stats do count so Devin Hester and such players could be a hot commodity.

[AK]The Beast
08-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Hylander;85195']Myself, Beast, and Bribo have already come up with a plan for public AK flogging for those that don't pay. Trust me, after describing it to Camel he paid the next day!! ;)

Ah yes. Good ol' Operation Cactus. ;)

[AK]Ozzred
08-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Another thing to keep track of as the draft progresses is Bye weeks. If it just so happens that your QB and backup QB have the same bye weeks, you can be between a rock and a hard place.

As far as research goes -- I am definitely the least prepared as I've ever been for an FF draft. So it'll be something of an experiment to see if I fair better with less prep..

Oh ya - I also have this odd curse of my 4 of my first 5 picks seeing the "Out" status throughout the year. Soooo... I do take bribes for not drafting your favorite teams studs. :P

Hylander;85195']My suggestion is to pick Shaun Alexander as your first choice. :uzi:

BTW - Could someone email Vent info? Talk to ya'll soon!

[AK]Ozzred
08-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Swae;85183']Any tips for a newbie?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/injuries (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/injuries)

[AK]The Beast
08-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Good advice indeed.

Which Ventrilo are we going to use--Squidly's or Camel's?

[AK]Hylander
08-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Just realized I don't even have Ventrilo installed since I moved to Vista-64.

[AK]FiGHT*CLuB
08-25-2008, 08:36 PM
I got called to work and missed everything. Stupid auto picks. my team is crap. I want a refund :p

[AK]Camelwalk
08-25-2008, 08:54 PM
FiGHT*CLuB;85231']I got called to work and missed everything. Stupid auto picks. my team is crap. I want a refund :p

HAHA wonder if there is a restocking fee?

[AK]Hylander
08-26-2008, 06:06 AM
Camelwalk;85233']HAHA wonder if there is a restocking fee?

Yeah, It's $125.00. :bye:

Dude.. you have Frank Gore AND Stephen Jackson. You have potential to have some big numbers there. Not to mention Jonathan Stewart was my 'sleeper' pick. You have OK WR and a good defense unit and a good TE. Your team is pretty damn solid!

Neurotic
08-26-2008, 08:10 AM
How was your guy's draft last night?

Any way you could post who got what players? :) My draft is next monday. Be nice to get a live "mock" draft. See how people are really picking this year <3

Goodluck to ya'll this season :)

[AK]The Beast
08-26-2008, 08:49 AM
As a matter of fact....

Round 1
1. LaDainian Tomlinson Beast's Beer...
2. Adrian Peterson Bribo's Bombers
3. Steven Jackson FiGHT*CLuB K...
4. Peyton Manning Lehigh Valle...
5. Tom Brady Beakers Lab ...
6. Randy Moss CAMEL'S BROTHER
7. Tony Romo Las Vegas Ca...
8. Brian Westbrook The Fantasti...
9. Joseph Addai The Os Reds
10. JaMarcus Russell Swae's South...
Round 2
1. Darren McFadden Swae's South...
2. Laurence Maroney The Os Reds
3. Marion Barber The Fantasti...
4. Maurice Jones-Drew Las Vegas Ca...
5. Carson Palmer CAMEL'S BROTHER
6. Clinton Portis Beakers Lab ...
7. Jamal Lewis Lehigh Valle...
8. Frank Gore FiGHT*CLuB K...
9. Terrell Owens Bribo's Bombers
10. Larry Johnson Beast's Beer...
Round 3
1. Reggie Wayne Beast's Beer...
2. Ryan Grant Bribo's Bombers
3. Andre Johnson FiGHT*CLuB K...
4. Braylon Edwards Lehigh Valle...
5. Brandon Jacobs Beakers Lab ...
6. Antonio Gates CAMEL'S BROTHER
7. Larry Fitzgerald Las Vegas Ca...
8. Jason Witten The Fantasti...
9. T.J. Houshmandzadeh The Os Reds
10. Dwayne Bowe Swae's South...
Round 4
1. Matt Forte Swae's South...
2. Ben Roethlisberger The Os Reds
3. DeSean Jackson The Fantasti...
4. Reggie Bush Las Vegas Ca...
5. Marshawn Lynch CAMEL'S BROTHER
6. Marques Colston Beakers Lab ...
7. Brandon Marshall Lehigh Valle...
8. Steve Smith FiGHT*CLuB K...
9. Drew Brees Bribo's Bombers
10. Torry Holt Beast's Beer...
Round 5
1. Eli Manning Beast's Beer...
2. Wes Welker Bribo's Bombers
3. Chad Johnson FiGHT*CLuB K...
4. Willis McGahee Lehigh Valle...
5. Santonio Holmes Beakers Lab ...
6. Nick Folk CAMEL'S BROTHER
7. Tony Gonzalez Las Vegas Ca...
8. Plaxico Burress The Fantasti...
9. Kellen Winslow The Os Reds
10. Jake Delhomme Swae's South...
Round 6
1. Devery Henderson Swae's South...
2. Marvin Harrison The Os Reds
3. Anquan Boldin The Fantasti...
4. Adam Vinatieri Las Vegas Ca...
5. Willie Parker CAMEL'S BROTHER
6. Roy Williams Beakers Lab ...
7. Devin Hester Lehigh Valle...
8. Derek Anderson FiGHT*CLuB K...
9. Hines Ward Bribo's Bombers
10. Dallas Clark Beast's Beer...
Round 7
1. Greg Jennings Beast's Beer...
2. Jeremy Shockey Bribo's Bombers
3. Chris Cooley FiGHT*CLuB K...
4. Heath Miller Lehigh Valle...
5. Calvin Johnson Beakers Lab ...
6. Chicago CAMEL'S BROTHER
7. Bobby Engram Las Vegas Ca...
8. Donovan McNabb The Fantasti...
9. Fred Taylor The Os Reds
10. Early Doucet Swae's South...
Round 8
1. Robert Royal Swae's South...
2. Lee Evans The Os Reds
3. Minnesota The Fantasti...
4. Pittsburgh Las Vegas Ca...
5. Jerricho Cotchery CAMEL'S BROTHER
6. Owen Daniels Beakers Lab ...
7. Seattle Lehigh Valle...
8. San Diego FiGHT*CLuB K...
9. Laveranues Coles Bribo's Bombers
10. New England Beast's Beer...
Round 9
1. LenDale White Beast's Beer...
2. Dallas Bribo's Bombers
3. Shayne Graham FiGHT*CLuB K...
4. Michael Turner Lehigh Valle...
5. New York Beakers Lab ...
6. Derrick Mason CAMEL'S BROTHER
7. Joey Galloway Las Vegas Ca...
8. Nate Kaeding The Fantasti...
9. Josh Brown The Os Reds
10. Kansas City Swae's South...
Round 10
1. Josh Scobee Swae's South...
2. Indianapolis The Os Reds
3. Earnest Graham The Fantasti...
4. Matt Hasselbeck Las Vegas Ca...
5. Ronnie Brown CAMEL'S BROTHER
6. Roddy White Beakers Lab ...
7. Rob Bironas Lehigh Valle...
8. Jonathan Stewart FiGHT*CLuB K...
9. Leon Washington Bribo's Bombers
10. Marc Bulger Beast's Beer...
Round 11
1. Jacksonville Beast's Beer...
2. Stephen Gostkowski Bribo's Bombers
3. Chris Chambers FiGHT*CLuB K...
4. Julius Jones Lehigh Valle...
5. David Akers Beakers Lab ...
6. Vince Young CAMEL'S BROTHER
7. Nate Burleson Las Vegas Ca...
8. Kevin Curtis The Fantasti...
9. Philip Rivers The Os Reds
10. Michael Clayton Swae's South...
Round 12
1. Matt Stover Swae's South...
2. Reggie Brown The Os Reds
3. Donald Driver The Fantasti...
4. Santana Moss Las Vegas Ca...
5. Justin Fargas CAMEL'S BROTHER
6. Ahman Green Beakers Lab ...
7. Bernard Berrian Lehigh Valle...
8. David Garrard FiGHT*CLuB K...
9. Patrick Crayton Bribo's Bombers
10. Shaun McDonald Beast's Beer...
Round 13
1. Ahmad Bradshaw Beast's Beer...
2. Brett Favre Bribo's Bombers
3. Javon Walker FiGHT*CLuB K...
4. Green Bay Lehigh Valle...
5. Aaron Rodgers Beakers Lab ...
6. Deion Branch CAMEL'S BROTHER
7. Alge Crumpler Las Vegas Ca...
8. Jay Cutler The Fantasti...
9. Selvin Young The Os Reds
10. Washington Swae's South...
Round 14
1. Keith Zinger Swae's South...
2. Anthony Gonzalez The Os Reds
3. Vernon Davis The Fantasti...
4. Robbie Gould Las Vegas Ca...
5. Rashard Mendenhall CAMEL'S BROTHER
6. Jason Hanson Beakers Lab ...
7. Phil Dawson Lehigh Valle...
8. Todd Heap FiGHT*CLuB K...
9. Ricky Williams Bribo's Bombers
10. Ryan Longwell Beast's Beer...
Round 15
1. Kevin Boss Beast's Beer...
2. Benjamin Watson Bribo's Bombers
3. Baltimore FiGHT*CLuB K...
4. John Carlson Lehigh Valle...
5. Carolina Beakers Lab ...
6. Edgerrin James CAMEL'S BROTHER
7. Thomas Jones Las Vegas Ca...
8. Tennessee The Fantasti...
9. Jeff Reed The Os Reds
10. Jacob Hester Swae's South...

Neurotic
08-26-2008, 08:50 AM
TY beast :-D

[AK]Ozzred
08-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Important note, Neurotic -- That draft took 45 minutes start to end..
Kind of blew my mind how quick it was.

Good luck in your draft!

And good luck AK - the Reds are Ready! :tongue:

[AK]Beaker
08-27-2008, 07:51 PM
The Reds are going DOWN!

Now i just have to look at my team since I sorta picked randomly I hope I have some starters in there!

Neurotic
08-28-2008, 05:26 AM
our draft is on monday. I know I am not ready for it. and I know ours will take 3 hours. oye.... as if its really that hard to pick a guy. They all bring like pages and pages of stats. I bring a book a pen and thats it.

Neurotic
09-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Well our draft took about 4 hours but went really well. Here are the players I got in order by round. I was the 6th pick over all out of 12.

Marion Barber - RB
Willie Parker - RB
Matt Forte - RB
Chad Johnson - WR
Eli Manning - QB
Chris Chambers - WR
Dallas Clark - TE
Phillip Rivers - QB
Ahmad Bradshaw - RB
Anthony Fasano - TE
James Hurdy - WR
Tampa Bay Defense
Ryan Longwell - K
Taylor Melhaff - K

Hopefully my team wins it all because it cost 80 bucks to play this year. :eek3:

[AK]Hylander
09-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Just as a follow-up, it looks like everything is a go. Everyone has paid, except for one person who is getting the Hurricane Deferment Plan. ;)