PDA

View Full Version : Can't cut list

[AK]Ozzred
10-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Anyone else find this thing to be ridicules?
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/429365/cantcutlist

I understand the purpose of it, but it would seem that they would maintain it better to be anything more than a burden.

Then there's the "Actual" rankings.. not sure how they calculate that either, since the top scoring player (152) is ranked 2nd (phillips), and the top ranked (portis) has 106. odd..

[AK]Bribo
10-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Last season I got burned a lot by this. So far it hasn't affected me this season. It is indeed a pain sometimes.

[AK]Beaker
10-29-2008, 03:02 AM
What is the list?

I see that there are people on the list. Does it mean if we tried to take these players off the team it wouldn't let us?

I see that I have a few people on the list. Just wondering if it has anything to do with trades that we have done or what.

[AK]Ozzred
10-29-2008, 03:29 AM
Beaker;87069']What is the list?

I see that there are people on the list. Does it mean if we tried to take these players off the team it wouldn't let us?

Correct

Beaker;87069'] I see that I have a few people on the list. Just wondering if it has anything to do with trades that we have done or what.

Nope - it seems rather arbitrary. They put a lot of the preseason favorites on there, but I can't explain how they maintain it. For example, Addi isn't playing due to injury on top of the crappy season he's had to date - yet he can't be cut. /shrug

[AK]The Beast
10-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Yeah, it's pretty arbitrary. Once a guy is on there, he basically has to go on injured reserve or get suspended for the year before he's removed from it.

Just to clarify--you can trade players on the can't cut list. You just can't release them outright to free agency.

[AK]Hylander
10-29-2008, 05:32 AM
Yeah - it's annoying. I've had 2 or 3 players I would have liked to cut through the season so far but couldn't, can't.

[AK]Bribo
10-29-2008, 06:02 AM
Is this "feature" mandatory or can we change that when we set up the league?

Slaughter
10-29-2008, 06:12 AM
You can change it, you can even remove it part way through the season if you want.

[AK]Hylander
10-29-2008, 06:52 AM
Many of the best players in the game are on this list throughout the season. When a player is on this list, he cannot be waived from a team under any circumstances—even if he's injured.

The Can't Cut list, which is updated when necessary to account for injury or performance issues, prevents managers at the bottom of the standings from changing the league dynamics by waiving all of their outstanding players. Players are added and removed from the list as appropriate during the season.

This list does not affect your ability to swap a player between active and bench, or make a trade involving him.

The Can't Cut list applies to all leagues, Public and Custom, in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football and cannot be modified or eliminated from individual Custom Leagues.

Slaughter
10-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Thats interesting, I removed it from my league.

Commish Tools > League Settings > Can't Cut list provider

[AK]Hylander
10-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Actually - That IS an option. I guess if you select NONE it would effectively turn it off??

If it's possible - I think everyone in the league needs to vote on it. I don't want to just disable it unilaterally - Even though I'm the commish!! ;)

[AK]Beaker
10-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Heck I don't care it just seems sort of arbitrary to me. I am of course for anything that decreases Camel's chances of winning. With all due respect to the king of course.

[AK]Bribo
10-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Beaker;87091'] With all due respect to the king of course.

You have my blessings, knave. :lol2:

[AK]Ozzred
10-29-2008, 01:20 PM
You know where my votes at.

[AK]Hylander
10-29-2008, 02:05 PM
It's gone. As a league - we'll monitor transactions but I truly don't expect anyone who is in our league to jeopardize it's integrity.

Well, maybe Camel - but he's going to be surprised when he sees his lineup for Sunday anyways. :uzi:

[AK]Swae
10-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Ok by me. I don't have a popcicle's chance in hell of doing well anyway, despite that fact that I actually did try. :P

Slaughter
10-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Glad I could help out. :)