PDA

View Full Version : Valve Complete Pack: Including Left 4 Dead

[AK]Faxman
11-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Steam has a pretty good deal (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1134) on a package of games including the upcoming release, Left 4 Dead.
The Valve Complete Pack is priced at $100 and includes:

Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Counter-Strike: Source
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat: Source
Deathmatch Classic
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life: Source
Left 4 Dead (not yet released)
Peggle Extreme
Portal
Ricochet
Team Fortress 2
Team Fortress Classic

Might be worth picking up, especially if you haven't played some of the older titles, and are planning on buying Left 4 Dead.

[AK]The Beast
11-14-2008, 05:17 AM
Neat looking. I'm definitely picking up L4D, although I already own everything else on that list. :D

<-------------- Valve addict.

[AK]Bribo
11-14-2008, 06:58 AM
My son is playing the Left4Dead demo and it looks pretty cool. In a nutshell, it's a 4-player co-op game where you take one of four player roles. Each player is somewhat different in weapons and skill set. Your goal is to get out of the level alive while being trapped by hordes of brain hungry zombies. Some of the zombies are the slow moving variety while others are the fast ones. It's fast action, team based combat.

I'll be picking this one up if for nothing else than the opportunity to kill hordes of zombies with shotguns and baseball bats.

"Grab a club or a torch. Beat 'em or burn 'em. They go up pretty easy."

[AK]Beaker
11-14-2008, 07:36 AM
ok l4d sounds kinda cool. Is it a fps type interface or is it a type that wouldn't leave me queasy? Is there a support role? These questions bother me so.

[AK]Bribo
11-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Beaker;87779']ok l4d sounds kinda cool. Is it a fps type interface or is it a type that wouldn't leave me queasy? Is there a support role? These questions bother me so.

You'll be left queasy from the FPS motion as well as the brains and gore splattered about. :uzi:

[AK]The Beast
11-14-2008, 08:33 AM
We need to get you some of those scopalamine patches so you can join the fragfests with us, Beaker!

[AK]Brorlis
11-14-2008, 10:23 AM
I've been playing the L4D demo and I really like it.... Its one of those I'm bored and wanna shoot em up for an hour or so type of games.