Thread: Upcoming Titles

HearYe Upcoming Titles

Let me start by mentioning my specialty is rpg's and obscure titles.

Month of April:

PS2 -

Arcana Heart - 4/8/08 ship date; a fun, fast paced 2D fighter (they still exist) that emphasizes on female japanese stereotypes with super vertical combo's.

Persona 3 FES - 4/22/08 ship date; an expansion, if you will, of the original Persona 3 which was a fun japanese style rpg with a darker storyline.

DS -

World Ends With You - 4/22/08 ship date; an original strategy rpg set in Shibuya, JP, highly anticipated by the fans. Hard to describe this one, it's unique.

WII -

Okami - 4/15/08 ship date; that's right it's for the Wii now, if you didn't play the PS2 version you missed out. Get this one if you own a Wii.

Mario Kart - 4/18/08 ship date; what can I say about Mario Kart, everyone loves it, it's fun! Another must own.

Castle Shikigami 3 - 4/29/08 ship date; this one is a bit more obscure, the sidescrolling space shooter. CS 2 was/is available on the PS2.

360/PS3 -

Not much this month, I am REQUIRED by objectivity to list Grand Theft Auto IV as releasing on 4/29/08, but I absolutely abhor Rockstar. They've gone out of their way to fan the flames of idiotic video game extremists like Jack Thompson.

PC -

Orange Box Split - 4/8/08 ship date; this is me saving time and pointing out that you can buy any of the 3 individual games from the Orange Box for 29.99 a piece.

Assassin's Creed - 4/8/08 ship date; the PC version of the 360/PS3 game, and I must say, this game is being traded in ALOT at my store, it seems like a rental recommendation.

Escape from Paradise City - 4/10/08 ship date; you've got me, I have no idea what this one is about, seems to be a mystery rpg or something.

Turok - 4/15/08 ship date; the PC version of the 360/PS3 game. I heard it was fun enough, but not quite like the original. Love the Zero Punctuation review.

Well, I suppose that wraps up this month, if I've missed anything that anyone is really expecting, feel free to add it.

--Edited to add PC, sorry for missing that "platform".
    Last edited by Valkyries; 04-05-2008 at 12:35 PM.
    Valkyries - NE Druid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...or&n=Valkyries

Arrngrim - Dwarf Priest - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lor&n=Arrngrim

If you know what Valkyrie Profile is, then you're pretty cool in my book.

Any PC releases?

Month of May:

PS2 -

Iron Man - 5/2/08; considering how awesome the movie looks, this one might be fun.

SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 - 5/5/08; samples include King of the Monsters, Metal Slug, and Samurai Showdown among others. Worth it!

Chaos Wars - 5/13/08; if you love RPG's, this one is for you. It contains characters from Shadow Hearts, Growlanser, and many others.

UEFA Euro 2008 - 5/19/08; the latest Football game, it's becoming quite popular here in the states now.

DS -

There's a bunch for this one that I won't mention, but they're the generic brain games and crossword puzzles this month.

Myst - 5/13/08; a remake of the classic PC game handheld style, I'm sure they toned the graphics a little and/or threw an easter egg or two in it.

Drone Tactics - 5/13/08; a mech-based strategy rpg, think Front Mission, but more fantasy'sh.

Summon Night: Twin Age - 5/20/08; another handheld rpg! Gotta love them, this one seems to focus on the summoning of monsters (self-explanatory).

Wii -

Here's some interesting news, for those that want a Wii:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=71310

I'm not a big Gamestop fan, but...if you really want a Wii...

Iron Man - 5/2/08; same as on the PS2, but probably more fun with the Wii controller.

Speed Racer - 5/6/08; yes, I do mean the original cartoon. Fun fact! Christina Ricci is Trixie.

Castle of Shikigami 3 - 5/13/08; apparently this one got pushed back into the next month.

XBOX 360 -

Iron Man - 5/2/08; see above.

UEFA Euro 2008 - 5/19/08; see above.

Enemy Territory Quake Wars - 5/27/08; this game needs no introduction on these forums.

Spectral Force 3 - 5/27/08; one of the first strategy rpg's on the 360, made by Atlus so it's gotta be decent, if you like anime style it's for you.

PS3 -

Iron Man - 5/2/08; see above.

Call of Duty 4: GOTY ed - 5/6/08; kind of a late release for the PS3 as it's out for the 360 already.

UEFA Euro 2008 - 5/19/08; see above.

SingStar - 5/20/08; not much to describe this one, it's a singing game.

Monster Madness: Grave Danger - 5/20/08; this looks like a quirky, funny, multiplayer game involving lots of monsters.

Haze - 5/20/08; this looks to me like Sony's answer to Halo...

Enemy Territory Quake Wars - 5/27/08; again, no intro needed...

PC -

Iron Man - 5/6/08; see above.

Neverwinter Nights 2 Gold - 5/6/08; classic D&D rpg'ing.

Haze - 5/20/08; guess it isn't Sony exclusive

Dracula: Origin - 5/20/08; very exquisite looking rpg for the PC, and only 19.99 also. I really like the premise of this one.

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures - 5/20/08; here we go, the long awaited MMO. I enjoyed Conan, but I don't see myself playing this one.

Supreme Ruler 2020 - 5/20/08; based off the original text based game, this is an economic, political, and military based strategy game...interesting.

Mass Effect - 5/27/08; it hits the PC after rocking many forums on the 360. If you enjoyed Star Wars: KOTOR, check this game out.

And on a closing note, WoW: WotLK has been dated. It is --- 11/3/08 ---. But we all know how Blizzard is with release dates, so take that as you will.

Again, feel free to chime in with any particular game you're looking forward to that I may have missed and you'd like to share!
    Valkyries - NE Druid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...or&n=Valkyries

Arrngrim - Dwarf Priest - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lor&n=Arrngrim

If you know what Valkyrie Profile is, then you're pretty cool in my book.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyries View Post
    PC -

Neverwinter Nights 2 Gold - 5/6/08; classic D&D rpg'ing.

Mass Effect - 5/27/08; it hits the PC after rocking many forums on the 360. If you enjoyed Star Wars: KOTOR, check this game out.
    I'm in for these two... In In In.