Thread: Dark Side of the Rainbow

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Dark Side of the Rainbow

Supposedly Pink Floyd's - Dark Side of the Moon corresponds with The Wizard of Oz, so that you can watch the movie w/out audio, but while listening to the album.

Has anyone tried this - this sounds pretty cool! Does it work with the modern DVD of the movie and the modern CD of the album?

Is this something only a stoner will enjoy - or is this pretty cool for those who only partake in a soda pop perhaps enhanced w/ a little ^OH?

-Clay
    [insert signature text here]

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    When i think of the dark side of the rainbow the only that comes to mind is

Are you seriously just now hearing about this? This has been talked about for years.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Erthafein View Post
    Are you seriously just now hearing about this? This has been talked about for years.
    Yes, I've heard of it.

My circles at the time were straight arrows. No booze, drugs, etc. This tends to be something that chemically enhanced folks partake in, so it never made my radar. Now I think it sounds fun, and after picking up drinking a couple years ago, can enjoy a few too many drinks while watching it.

Based on your reply, sounds like you know something about it - do you have any input pertaining to the question?
    [insert signature text here]

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Google it up, Clay...there's a lot of info out there.

Youtube snippet

Wikipedia

It's actually kind of a pretty big stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Clay View Post
    Based on your reply, sounds like you know something about it - do you have any input pertaining to the question?
    sorry, no I do not. I do not "chemically enhance" myself. It's just something that I've heard of since elementary school, and that's a LONG time ago.

Sorry if my reply sounded condescending. I was just shocked that this would be new to anyone at this point.

HA HA!!!!......I'm not afraid to admit it.....back then I was pretty "enhanced" ./wink Ive got he short term memory loss to prove it. Now what was I talking about??....Oh...Yeah.

But I'm also from a time when I can remember white guys thought they looked cool with perms, not me....i was the guy with the long hair that covered his whole face.....and bell bottom jeans and jeans jackets were all the "original" rage.....not a retro thing.

And yes we all knew about that album and the Wizard of OZ thing when it came out.....but we were all too stoned to run a record player or cassette deck at the same time........ we actually preffered cartoons with the stereo on.

Since your just catching up Clay.....you know about the thing were you play certain albums backwards and there is supposed messages......right?
    Last edited by [AK]Mydrial; 04-07-2008 at 07:36 AM.

About ten years ago I tried it a bit, uh... herbally enhanced, and found it to be a lot of fun. I did some informal research and am convinced that it's entirely coincidence, but it is a bit eerie.

Now that I think of it, with all of my razzle-dazzle DVD authoring software, it would be pretty easy to whip up a Dark Side of the Rainbow DVD. (hmm...)
    Last edited by [AK]Sonic Boom; 04-07-2008 at 02:09 PM.
    Hasta,
    Boom

August Knights

I'm sorry guys, but I just don't see it...

Thanks to Squidly for posting those links so we could check it out some.
    I definitely feel like I have lived a sheltered life since I never heard of this until today. Believe me when I say to all of you I came from one of the biggest high schools in my state and we had a TON of stoners and I was friends with most of them and they never once mentioned it...
    Still, it is pretty cool to read about..