Thread: Got my email for DAoC beta.

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

Shades Got my email for DAoC beta.

Still downloading. Feels like I am on dial-up again. Sometime tomorrow it will probably be done.

Any words of advice from any DAoC players would be appreciated.

[AK]Widowmaker

Here's my advice:

Start playing T2. We're kicking ASS on the ladders, but every little bit helps... Especially from a seasoned Air Squadron Commander such as yourself...
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I have a level 10 Thane in the Midgard realm, if you want to get together. I haven't played it in a couple weeks; I've found that I'm just burned out on MMORPGs lately. Like EQ, DAoC is, at its core, all about killing and getting experience. As an EQ vet, you shouldn't have much trouble figuring everything out. I recommend KILLING, KILLING, and KILLING. Grouping is MUCH more efficient than soloing; you get the same amount of experience, but you get it A LOT faster when grouping. If a monster is walking around with 2000 exp points on him, everyone in the group gets 2000 exp points. Finding groups is incredibly easy, since you can see who all the group leaders are, then just ask if they need you. Also, don't be afraid to spend money. You can get all the equipment you need at your level from the money you get while hunting. Similarly to AO, equipment is broken up into levels. The levels are (same goes for monsters):

yellow = your level
    orange = one level above you
    red = two levels above you
    purple = three or more levels above you
    blue = one level below you
    green = two levels below you
    grey = three or more levels below you

Generally, you want to have yellow or blue equipment. Orange stuff is nice to have, but it is expensive, and it will degrade quickly, requiring you to repair it often.

I also recommend doing as many quests as you can. Some of them are not worth the effort, as you will only get a silver or two as a reward. But, others have great rewards, like the nice chestpiece I got for simply killing three wolves and giving the skins to a guard.

My Thane's name is Zugzar. Let me know when you want to get together. I have a Cabalist in Albion and a Ranger in Hibernia that I can play, as well.

Warrior
    Is the release date still Oct. 9th for DAoC? I'm really looking forward to this game after the AO debacle. That last patch was ridiculous and forced me to cancel the account.

wick

Please tell me that DAoC is going to be better than AO.. AO was the worst game I've ever played, exspcially after you got into the city.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Warrior
    I think worst is a little harsh, heh, maybe not.

that last patch ruined any hope though

wick