Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we have a night where we are all on together

Can we have a night where we are all on together

It seems one of the complaints about Age of Conan is that there are few people on. Yet as I've played (only a little) I've seen people jump on and off quite a bit.
    I bet we could have a rolicking guild chat if we were all on a once!

Oh and Nut's darlin your participation would be required no more just lurking there in chat!

Anyway it's just an idea

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I see Nuts and Rocks quite a bit. I'm on nearly every night Monday-Thursday till 9:30-10 Eastern or so. But just let me know when outside of that time slot I'll be there.

My only complaint so far Beaker is that normally its me and the crickets in guild chat. I really could care less about the game itself, my enjoyment is spending time with all of you guys shooting the shit and having fun which I haven't been able to do in a VERY long time.

I stopped playing WOW because the social aspect was gone for me and sitting in Shatt was less than satisfying.

The first city in AOC was really interesting to me and a welcomed distraction. Since I left there I've had 1 chance to group with Nuts and the rest has been, well, Lonely.

If you wanna try to set up a "night" we can all play around and have some fun I'm game. Just let me know what you pick out =)

Thursday night rocks for me. Mother-in-Law is in town and she's taking my wife and kids to Monterey overnight. So Thursday night and Friday night are good for me.

There were a lot of single-player aspects to the game and I was trying to figure out how to use my character and also, I didn't want to be a lowly 10 when everyone else was a 60... so I just worked on completing as many quests as I could as quickly as possible. Now at 43 I think I understand things a bit better (though I need to play around with keyboard button layout a bit).

Plus the inability to quickly get to were everyone else is at makes it tough... lots of running. One idea is to apprentice our 20's, do a couple of high-level raids and get them up to the 40's in no time at all and then we can do our quests together.
    Last edited by [AK]Nuts; 06-18-2008 at 06:40 AM.

OK THEN~!

THURSDAY!!!!

Be there!

I will get the gal to 20 and we will go rock an instance even if that means all we 20's do is cower behind Nuts and shake our fists and thumb our noses!

As long as you can heal me we can easily get your gal up quickly. Also, please have your gal go topless... for some reason I giggle every time I see another player running around nude. Tee hee.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    I killed my subscription. Not compelling enough for me.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I'll be there. I'm really digging this game and hoping for to keep some presence in it for a while.

You guys almost have me wanting to try this.

Almost.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

So lessons learned from last night. As a 40, I can help 20's complete quests and get quest XP but if I apprentice them they will lose any xp gained from kills (as all the mobs will be grey and only giving 1xp). So if quest completion is the desire than this model works. If fast level is needed, then you'll need to be apprenticed up and then fight high level mobs (of course you won't have the combos/skills of the apprenticed level so you may be a handicap).

Don't forget that we are going to try some group work tonight. Let me know which path you want to choose... Leveling or Quests.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Thanks for the help getting those quests knocked out!! Some of them were red to me, giving big XP--that definitely pushed me over the top to pick up a second level.

I'm up for quests or XP. BTW, I was only getting 1 XP per kill even when we were only grouped (not apprenticed).

The other thing I learned is that casters have a HUGE PVP advantage over melee classes. They just have to stay in range and keep me targeted--I have to keep them in range, facing the right way, and try not to move too much or risk disrupting my combos.

You're right, I think RJ mentioned that XP for mobs is based on highest level in group.

Casters in PVP can do okay if they get the first shot. If I can knock them down or stun them then I can usually lay in enough damage to make them run. Rarely do I kill one as by the time they recover they don't want to risk sticking around. However, if they can stun/freeze me then they can sit at a distance and just wreck me. Sometimes I can use the 'charge' skill I have to move quickly at them from a distance but it needs to be a straight line shot.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Good point. My problem is that I seldom initiate the PVP action--there's very little to gain from it and I'm mostly concerned with getting XP and advancing the plot of my quests, so a charge isn't an option.

Are we doing another Thursday night sit in of AoC?

Just checking to see.

I'm game. I've been knocking off a lot of quest in Field of the Dead. Big XP.