So as you may have heard me complain about endlessly, Kidd and I haven't had internet (or cable) since Gustav hit on Labor Day. This led us to hit up Gamestop for some non-online games. Kidd got an FPS and I got, well, something not nearly so fun.

Now I'm not normally a fan of FPS games, especially one I have to play alone. But the game he picked up piqued my interest, and now I'm totally hooked on it! It's Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, and it's an FPS with a story line - basically terrorists take over Las Vegas and you get to wield cool guns and save people and stuff.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who is not fond of FPS games (although I may be the only one in that category). The action isn't too fast for me, and there's enough sneaking around and strategizing that I didn't feel like I just had to run in and blow things up. Definitely gets a thumbs up from me.

What are some other non-internet games that you enjoy? We are certainly looking for more suggestions, and the selection at Gamestop was dismal at best. Note: lots of games that are not internet based still require internet to start up. I was rather dismayed to see that I could not play Portal because I can't access Steam, even though I have the actual hard copy of the game...