Thread: OSX on PC

Illusive Late Poster Bassiswild's Avatar

OSX on PC

I have been hearing renewed rumors that the latest version of OSX will run on a PC. Without having to install an emulator. I also heard that it will run on a AMD Processor. Just wondering if anyone has been able to install and run it?

The sound is all about the wood and the pickups. Bartolini all the time...

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Funny you should mention that! From my RSS feeds this morning:
    http://mobile.slashdot.org/article.p...17213&from=rss

The link appears to be, well, slashdotted this morning, but it'll come back once the masses move on to the next article.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    There is a version of Kalyway 10.5.2 that is supposed to run with AMD processor technology, however it is very buggy and crashes often. Also the supported list of hardware is very very limited. It's almost not even worth trying to deploy it when AMD is present. Intel is really the only way to go for OSX.

I used this article to create a clone a few months ago
    http://lifehacker.com/software/hack-...800-321913.php

After I built it, a friend was really excited about it, so I sold it to him and i've had that money set aside back in my savings account waiting for the moment where I can buy a true mac pro device. Which is really what should be done. The money is worth it. (Just ask Squid and Bribo)

Illusive Late Poster Bassiswild's Avatar
    I am a recent convert from windows. I use to be pro Windows and then I was reintroduced to MAC OS. Wow is all I can say. I have put it through the ringer and back and it just keeps on going. If I would have done half of what I am doing on Windows I could kiss it goodbye. Especially when I am working in photoshop or doing anything graphic wise. Microsoft could take some lessons from Apple on how to design a functional OS.

The sound is all about the wood and the pickups. Bartolini all the time...