Thread: Whale Wars

Whale Wars

At first, stopping illegal whaling sounds all righteous and noble. But after a little reading of the facts I've come to the conclusion that these smacktards all need real jobs.

I'm watching this show now and 2 stinky idiots illegally boarded a Japanese vessel at sea. Their fellow tards then claim that the Japanese have taken their hippie friends as 'hostages'. And then called the Australian government to file a complaint of kidnapping. WTF?

Personally, I would have thrown their asses back in the drink. Interfering with the operation of a vessel at sea is not a 'peaceful action'. Its dangerous and stupid.

Stinky, stupid hippies. And f* animal planet for such a one-side 'documentary'. They present zero information... just hippie propaganda.

Give me Dirty Jobs, How's it Made, or Survivor Man any day.

Oh, and did you guys catch 'Prototype'? Very cool.

ed: oh ya, and those hippies don't know Jack about being on a ship. They nearly lost 4 people when they flipped their RHIB during launch. What idiots. Of course in their end of the day get together they pointed out 'It's been a busy day, we almost lost our Delta (primary RHI)." They didn't say, ' we nearly lost 4 people'. It just goes to show where the radical, militant places human life on the care-o-meter.
    Last edited by [AK]Nuts; 11-15-2008 at 06:08 AM.

Saw the previews for this one and it looked interesting .. Looks like I'll have to pass now ... Thanks for the Heads up !

"I sharded Thunderfury!" [AK]Camelwalk's Avatar
    I watched the other night, had to turn it, giving whale loving hippies a bad name!
    And it was boring, althought I laughed when Greenpeace wouldnt help them cause of there captain! Apprently he help found GP and was the radical one and they kicked him out!

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Saw the preview and passed.

New season of Survivor Man is out (my personal favorite). Also been watching Stormchasers which I like a lot and Prototype This another good one.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

I caught the last few minutes of Prototype the other night and worried that it was going to be too much like Smash Labs (in that they allow project failure to occur if they can't complete the task within the time-frame... I hate that. I much prefer Jamie and Adams' approach: 'We can't duplicate it, so lets just blow shit up").

I saw them build the virtual water-slide. I can't believe they built that thing in 14 days. Wow.

The rocket challenge show (now on the Science Channel) is another good show but with extra nerd goodness.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Nuts View Post
    I saw them build the virtual water-slide. I can't believe they built that thing in 14 days. Wow.
    The Virtual Water Side was pretty sick. I want one for the backyard.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    I saw the preview at the movies the other day before Quantum of Solace. Noble indeed, but these folks are morons for trying to think they can just throw smoke bombs and get in the way and come off as being effective. Assault Rifle vs. Smoke Bomb....... hmmm wonder how that would turn out.

So I wrote to Animal Planet the other night for airing illegal and dangerous maritime practices as shown on 'Whale Wars' and for not presenting a balanced show in a 'documentary' format.

Their response:
    "Animal Planet in no way endorses Sea Shepherd or their controversial tactics but thinks it is important for viewers to judge for themselves. By the outpouring of responses, it appears that is exactly what viewers are doing."

What a cop-out. "We showed our viewers an hour long graphic rape of a 14 year old girl so that our viewers could 'judge for themselves'... but we don't support rape. Please tune in next week when we kill old ladies and torture cats (which of course we don't approve of either).

Ha!

"I sharded Thunderfury!" [AK]Camelwalk's Avatar
    Good for you Nuts and shame on Animal Planet!

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    I dont agree with the show either but my I suggest the same course of action that I followed, which will probably have a greater impact all around.

Dun dunton..... Turn the Channel