Thread: Application for Kithsara.

Kithsara

Application for Kithsara.

Tell us about you:

Your "Real Life" Age and Occupation:
    22, 23 in april, currently I"m headed back to school, outside of that I'm a "Game Advisor" for Gamestop
    Availabilty for Raids:
    With School, my availability will be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Most of my classes are at night (I'm pacific coast time)
    Past guilds, and why you left each:
    Green Mountain Militia twice:Both times I got frustrated at not being able to raid and left to find a raid slot.
    Fatal: They didn't have the tank slot open
    In His Name: Raided a bit with them but my raid group, lead by Darkaero, decided to find our on path and created...
    Velocity: Raided from their conception to the explosion brought about by various factors, half the guild went one way the other half went the other. I decided to return to GMM where I've been till now.
    Past Raid Experience:
    All of BC, Tiers 4 and 5 as MT with Velocity, Tier 6 primairly as OT with GMM. In the run up to wrath we were able to clear BT.
    Interest: (Hard Core Raiding/Regular Raiding/Social Raiding/PVP)
    A mixture of Regular and Social Raiding. I like to Tank, hell I love it. But I also like to raid with people who enjoy it rather than view it as a job.
    How long have you been playing? (/played)
    56 days 8 hours as of the writing of this post.
    Your email address:
    Calaxprimal@gmail.com
    Tell us about your raiding main:

Character Name:
    Kithsara
    Class:
    Warrior
    Raid Spec:
    Protection
    Link to the WOW Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lor&n=Kithsara
    Attunements:
    Kara (not that it matters), All keys for BC heroics, Ony, and MC. Not that they matter much anymore.
    Alts if any:
    Calax (DeathKnight) is the only one I'm seriously pursuing.
    What are your professions? Are there any notable/exciting craftables that you can make?
    Mining/Blacksmith, Blacksmithing is high enough that I can make any of the WOTLK boe epics, have yet to get any plans in WOTLK.
    What mods do you currently have installed?
    Xpearl, Bigwigs, DBM, Omen, Atlasloot, and CTbuffmod.
    Do you have ventrillo installed?
    Yes
    Do you have a working microphone and know how to use it?
    Yes
    IMPORTANT - What is your favorite non-combat pet?
    Mojo, gotta be my Mojo.

Miscellaneous - and probably most important section of all:

Why do you want to join the August Knights?
    I've got friends who used to raid with this group, and I was told I have a pretty good shot at a raid slot.
    Do you know any current August Knights members who would be willing to vouch for you?
    Illuminati(formerly Darkaero), and Aerovein, MT'd for both in T5.
    If you could have one "final meal" on earth, what would it be?
    Steak, Mashed potato's, peas, cherries, and Martinellis. Never been into alcohol.
    What are the last three books you read, and what did you think of each?
    This is hard to define I've plowed through two omnibusses that collected three books within them each in the past month and a half. If it's just the one omnibus, the books contained were called
    "Shadow of all Night Falling"
    "October's Baby"
    "All Darkness Met"

Overall the omnibus is called "A Cruel Wind"
    All three by Glenn Cook, the first one seemed to have a different tact than the other two, it was about a wizard who started a war over a woman who he'd been waiting for for 400 years. The others were about a secondary character in Shadow who ends up leading an army to reunite a small kingdom and defend against an incursion by an incredibly powerful empire. It gets to be very complicated as there's plots within plots, schemers everywhere, and politics abound. Each section of this world is modeled after a midevil era counterpart, the main characters and their armies are generally designed around European military, fortifications, and governing styles. The Dread Empire (aka Shinsan) is modeled after Asia, and a western empire that is generally at an arms length from the story (only mentioned in passing or referencing the past) is modeled after the armies around the time of Saladin. Also for those who might read it in the future, it's not High fantasy, no princes on white horses with hair luffing in the wind coming to save the princess, instead that guy would probably end up a drunkard because all his idealism wins no fans with the denizens of this universe. Usually they're quite flawed and human. Most of the characters are either Soldiers or in a similar class as the soldiers, so main characters cheat on their husbands, and do other less noble things along with saving the world. Albeit this series isn't as dark as the Black Company.

If we're talking omnibusses as one book, the Space Wolves omnibus is the second most recent book. Not very deep, but a fun romp through Warhammer 40k. Also goes more in depth into the Space Wolves history and culture which I find interesting (because generally games like Warhammer don't go that in depth with their creations).

Before that? "Cain's Last Stand" by Sandy Mitchell, Same universe as the Space Wolves omnibus, this and it's predecessors tell the tale of a Commissar of the Imperium of Man, trying to stay out of the line of fire and usually ends up plopped right in the middle of some action that makes him a heroic figure, and because he's such a "hero" (much to his distaste) he keeps getting into more and more deadly/heroic situations which keep building on his reputation. This particular tale focus's on him being forced to spear head the defense of the planet he's acting as a teacher on, against the forces of Chaos, because he's the only competant leader on the planet (excepting a few other teachers at the Scholea). It's really fun because he's trying to live a life of leisure (Wine, women, and comfort) but is forced to keep a heroic posture lest he loose what he has. This along with its predecessors are annotated as if by another character, so as to inform the reader of things like what acronyms mean, what the heck the characters are referring to, and to keep the entire conflict accessible to the reader.

I read alot, does it tell?
    What is your all-time favorite movie, and why?
    Probably Empire Strikes Back (the '77 version). It's easily the best of all the Star Wars films, and it lead me to a star wars addiction that lasted well into my high school years.
    Paper or Plastic?
    Paper
    Diamond Dave or Sammy?
    Ummmmmmmm Dave!
    Kirk or Picard? Why?
    Picard, I never actually watched the old Trek, although I personally prefer Sisko to both.
    Last edited by Kithsara; 01-14-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Title Change

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Closing thread, copying to officer for discussion.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.