Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Obama Sucks

Why Obama Sucks

This is where I'll keep tabs on our new President and all the ways he Sucks.

Promised on his campaign website:

"will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days."

-The Ledbetter bill was never posted to his website until after he signed it
    -He signed SCHIP just 4 hours after it was passed in Congress

Since taking office the Military Band that usually plays Pomp & Circumstance has been asked to not be so formal for the President. Obama has them playing 'Desert Rose' by Sting and 'Day & Night' by Cole Porter

He has renamed the Faith Based initiatives to be 'Faith Based and Community" initiatives. Thus allowing ACORN to receive money.

He also will deny Faith Based organization funds via this initiative if they discriminate by religion, sexual orientation, etc. So if you're Church doesn't allow women to be priests or gays to marry, then you can't get government funds to help the poor. (This bill failed on 2/5/2009)

The "[ethics] policy we have is the strongest that any administration in the history of our country has had" (White House Spokesman)... so far Obama has nominated:

-Bill Richardson: Commerce Secretary - withdrew due to allegations of pay-for-play and pending federal investigation
    -Tom Daschell: Health & Human Services - withdrew due to being a tax cheat
    -Nancy Killefer: Chief Performance Officer - withdrew due to being a tax cheat
    -Tom Geithner: Secretary of Treasury - confirmed despite being a tax cheat
    -William Lynn: Deputy Sec of Defense - Nominated despite being a Raytheon lobbyist (and despite Obama's campaign promise to ban all lobbyists)
    -Hilda Solis: Secretary of Labor - While not guilty herself... her husband is a tax cheat. If you can't marry an honest and ethical man how we trust your judgment.
    -Judd Gregg: Commerce Secretary - Judd's top aid is under federal investigation for pay-for-play scandal. Again, poor judgment about who he chooses to hire and associate with. (Gregg withdrew his name from the nomination on 2/12)

Due to Obama White House policy, all charges against USS Cole bomber Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri have been dropped.

Breaking from 200 years of policy, Obama wants to move the Census accountability under the control of the White House, thus opening the possibility of politicizing the process.

Obama returned a gift of a bust of Winston Churchill to the British Government despite their request that we keep the it. The gift was given following 9/11 and has been in the oval office for the past 8 years.

Obama stated that America 'invented the automobile'. This of course is factual incorrect. Thus, making him a liar.

Obama's selection for 'Urban Czar' - Adolfo Carrion - pocketed thousands of dollars in campaign cash from city developers whose projects he approved or funded with taxpayers' money

Obama will select former Dallas Mayor Ron Kirk for United States Trade Representative ... of course Ron Kirk also under paid his taxes for the past three years and thus is just one more tax cheat in Obama's administration.

Despite a campaign promise Obama has appointed 2 additional lobbyists to his administration. Joceyln Frye, director of policy and projects in the Office of the First Lady and Cecilia Munoz, director of intergovernmental affairs in the executive office of the president. Both come the National Council of La Raza, an advocacy group that supports illegal immigration.

Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki confirmed Tuesday that the Obama administration is considering a controversial plan to make veterans pay for treatment of service-related injuries with private insurance (source:HERE) - CANCELED

President Obama will not attend this year's dinner next Saturday, March 21st. He will be the first president since Grover Cleveland not to attend the first Gridiron Club Dinner of his presidency. The Gridiron Club was founded in 1885 and this year will be the 124th dinner.

The Commander of the American Legion met with Obama to discuss forcing injured servicemen and women to procure their own health insurance stated that, "[Obama] says he is looking to generate $540-million" How vile, eh? - CANCELED

Now President Obama is quietly ending the federal firearms program, risking public safety on airlines in the name of an anti-gun ideology. - CANCELED

Submitting to pressure from Vladimar Putin, Obama turned his back on our Polish allies and denied them our missile defense technology.

When the president of Honduras attempted to illegally run for president and establish himself as dictator the Honduran Supreme court rejected his attempts and the Honduran Congress working with the Attorney General asked the military to intervene in order to prevent this illegal activity. Obama then cut off financial ties with the temporary Honduran government, canceled the travel Visa for the temporary president and demanded that the would-be Marxist of a president be restored to power.

Obama asked a citizen of this nation not to run for elected office. When he asked NY Governor David Patterson not to run for re-election he was, in fact, using his position as President to pressure Patterson not to exercise his constitutional right to participate in his government.

For the first time, the United States is explicitly committing not to use nuclear weapons against nonnuclear states that are in compliance with the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty, even if they attacked the United States with biological or chemical weapons .
    Last edited by [AK]Nuts; 04-06-2010 at 10:25 AM.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

You can add another name to your list of nominated tax cheats. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/...l?hpid=topnews

Perhaps Obama will use the guilt by association defense, which worked in his case. Of course, marriage is a pretty close association.

Judd Gregg just withdrew his name from Commerce Sec. spot because he thinks the stimulus plan is a joke and moving the census control is wrong.

"However, it has become apparent during this process that this will not work for me as I have found that on issues such as the stimulus package and the Census there are irresolvable conflicts for me. Prior to accepting this post, we had discussed these and other potential differences, but unfortunately we did not adequately focus on these concerns. We are functioning from a different set of views on many critical items of polic"

Don't forget William Corr, who took a position as Deputy Health Secretary despite an obvious conflit of interest.

http://www.tobaccofreekids.org/organ...ios/corr.shtml
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Updated:

Obama returned a gift of a bust of Winston Churchill to the British Government despite their request that we keep the it. The gift was given following 9/11 and has been in the oval office for the past 8 years.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Nuts View Post
    Updated:

Well that's a great first act of international relation building.

Not impressed.

Jesus man - have the courtesy to at least put it in a closet and pull it out when those digitaries come over and put a little spray dust on it. Why insult the English people like this?

What a noob.
    [insert signature text here]

Updated:

24Feb2009 at a speech in front of Congress
    B.H. Obama: "A I believe the nation that invested the automobile can not walk away from it."

Actually, we didn't invent the automobile you pompous ass.

He also said: "History speaks differently to me."

So to what Nuts pointed out, History speaks very differently to him.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    We knew this was going to eventually come as well.

Obama to Seek New Assualt Weapons Ban
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bribo View Post
    We knew this was going to eventually come as well.

Obama to Seek New Assualt Weapons Ban
    Actually, Nancy Pelosi just shot it down. Man, I'm just confused.

“On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”
    The Bush reference is BS, not that I care. The rest of it is... straight out of the NRA guidebook to public speaking.

WTF? Pelosi. Nancy Pelosi is shooting down gun control legislation?

Could she remember 1994 - and the election results thereafter? I didn't think her that bright.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    So for the next 4-years is everyone going to split hairs?

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

I really hope the Dims remember their earlier losses.
    [AK]Abaddon

They have to make some sacrifices for all the massive missteps that they've already taken.

I think this will only play out to deepen the recession (and as an economist said on Glenn Beck today, we're kidding ourselves if we still think this is a recession and not a depression). However, only time will tell.

In other news: The $410 billion Omnibus spending bill passed the house, almost straight down party lines. Oh, and they may need an addition $750 billion for bank rescues.

Its 'Slam your head on your desk until something useful comes out' worthy.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]StitchJones View Post
    Only when he sucks.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]StitchJones View Post
    Heh, good question. I should hope not, time to spend more time gaming!