Preamus

Healing priest looking for new home

Tell us about you:

Your "Real Life" Age and Occupation:
    I'm a 29 year old IT Service Manager

Availabilty for Raids:
    I'm available at 8pm (server time) M-Th

Past guilds, and why you left each:
    I've been a part of 2 guilds in the past 3+ years: Fear/Fearless and Brotherhood of Oblivion. Fearless fell apart. Conflicting raid times and a bit of guild drama is why I'm considering leaving BoO.

Past Raid Experience:
    I've raided everything in vanilla wow. I did not play during TBC mostly due to not liking my class mechanics. I have raided everything in WoW outside of the new 3.2 raid. I've been up to Mimiron in 10man Ulduar. I have only completed the first 3 bosses in 25man Ulduar due to raid scheduling conflicts.

Interest: (Hard Core Raiding/Regular Raiding/Social Raiding/PVP)
    Probably between regular and social raiding. I'm not looking to give up my RL for a game, but I do enjoy running raids and do not have a problem committing up to 2 evenings a week. Until 3.2 I was really in to arena PvP but due to more class nerfs I've decided to give up on that for a while.

How long have you been playing? (/played)
    On and off since beta. Over 100 days total logged.

Your email address:
    ronsvec@gmail dot com

Tell us about your raiding main:
    80 NE Healing Priest. I've never found DPS to be challenging in a raid environment which is why I've always been spec'd for healing. I currently run dual spec PvE Holy (raid healing) and PvE Disc. I know both specs inside out and am very efficient with both specs/playstyles.

Character Name:
    Preamus

Class:
    Priest - NE

Raid Spec:
    I spec both PvE Holy and PvE Disc. I do not have a preference on either spec

Link to the WOW Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...alor&n=Preamus

Attunements:
    Is this still a valid question?

Alts if any:
    None of my alts are actively played.

What are your professions? Are there any notable/exciting craftables that you can make?
    Herbalism/Alchemy (x-mute master)

What mods do you currently have installed?
    For raiding my primary healing mods are Grid, DBM, Mik's Scrolling Battle Text, Clique and PoM Tracker. I use a lot of other UI mods on top of this.

Do you have ventrillo installed?
    Yes

Do you have a working microphone and know how to use it?
    Yes

IMPORTANT - What is your favorite non-combat pet?
    Pengu!

Miscellaneous - and probably most important section of all:

Why do you want to join the August Knights?
    Your raid times fit my personal schedule and that is the primary reason I'm applying. I'll admit I do not know much about August Knights, but I also have not heard anything bad about this group.

Do you know any current August Knights members who would be willing to vouch for you?
    I'm sure if I looked over your member list there would be a few names I recognize, but there is no one off the top of my head that I know who is currently a member in August Knights.

If you could have one "final meal" on earth, what would it be?
    I'd go with an unlimited supply of my favorite dessert... Creme Brulee... yum

What are the last three books you read, and what did you think of each?
    A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin: Excellent book. I am a HUGE fan of character development and no one does it like Martin. I am currently enjoying the 2nd book in the series.
    The Koran: I'm not a religious person myself but I take an interest in religions in general. Out of respect for others views/beliefs, I will take the 5th on my opinion of this read.
    Harry Potter 7: The fiancee reads these books so I had to as well. Worst in the series in my opinion.

What is your all-time favorite movie, and why?
    Braveheart. This movie was perfect and had everything I could ask for in terms of action, characters, and drama.

Paper or Plastic?
    The lady does the shopping so I never have to answer this question. We typically use reusable bags.

Diamond Dave or Sammy?
    Dave all the way. It's a shame he didn't rejoin after the GH cd was released. I think they could have had a few more hits with him as the lead.

Kirk or Picard? Why?
    Not a Trek fan. Watched it for a year as a kid with the old man and never got in to it. Have not given it another chance ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Preamus View Post
    Tell us about your raiding main:
    80 NE Healing Priest. I've never found DPS to be challenging in a raid environment which is why I've always been spec'd for healing. I currently run dual spec PvE Holy (raid healing) and PvE Disc. I know both specs inside out and am very efficient with both specs/playstyles.
    One should be pvp disc, I need a pocket arena healer.

If you could have one "final meal" on earth, what would it be?
    I'd go with an unlimited supply of my favorite dessert... Creme Brulee... yum
    Ummmm...beer and hotwings?

The Koran: I'm not a religious person myself but I take an interest in religions in general. Out of respect for others views/beliefs, I will take the 5th on my opinion of this read.
    Keep in mind that Islam came from Judaism.

What is your all-time favorite movie, and why?
    Braveheart. This movie was perfect and had everything I could ask for in terms of action, characters, and drama.
    I bet you love all the romance films. And believe it or not, that is a romance movie.

Kirk or Picard? Why?
    Not a Trek fan. Watched it for a year as a kid with the old man and never got in to it. Have not given it another chance ever since.
    Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordris View Post
    I bet you love all the romance films. And believe it or not, that is a romance movie.
    Ummm I have to disagree as does IMDB "Action | Biography | War "

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

Mordris has WAY too much free time.
    "]

In terms of applications, this one was well done. We haven't had one filled out this completely in awhile. As far as getting him in the guild. GO FOR IT. we need more healers and he likes to heal. Hard to find that combination.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Dance as though no one is watching you,
    Love as though you never been hurt before,
    Sing as though no one can hear you,
    Live as though heaven is on earth.
    -Souza
    ----------------------------------------------

Agreed. Lets try to get a trial run for him on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Gunny Highway View Post
    Ummm I have to disagree as does IMDB "Action | Biography | War "
    Have you ever seen it? That's a man's #1 romance movie.

Yeah I have seen it many times one of my favorite movies.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordris View Post
    Have you ever seen it? That's a man's #1 romance movie.
    Are you kidding me? Any movie where a man's guts get ripped out while he is yelling "FREEDOM" is obviously either getting divorced or recently broken up with his significant other. Either WAY that would classify it as Romance movie or at least a chick flick. I mean I still remember watching Kramer vs Kramer and wondering what the hell.