Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aion anyone?

Thoughts so far?

I love it, will definitely be pre-ordering this one, even though it probably won't have a big AK presence. I won't be able to play full time, but I'll be playing on days I don't have WoW-commitments.

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    Ill be playing it when it comes out... for how long though I dont know, will probably depend on how many AK folks join in.

I wont say its better than WoW but it is different and thats what I am looking for. I played a Ranger up to about lvl 11 so far story line as well as game play is decent. I havnt had a chance to do any PVP so no thoughts there but it does have PVP so thats a bonus.

Im uploading some SS now and ill post them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]StitchJones View Post
    The pricing plan is also something different that depending on how often you play will either work well within your budget or you'll need to pay a little bit more. Normal/Casual players will be able to play within the $15.00 plan just fine. Crazy die hard 8hr a day players will want to look at the discounted extended 40$ plan.
    Kind of a deal breaker for me think it's a huge mistake on their part to say that they are going to charge people different rates depending on how much or little you play. They will never get a lot of folks to switch from games like wow to this if they are going to have to pay 2-3 times as much. Too bad looks great but not even worth a look to me with pricing like that.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Gunny Highway View Post
    Kind of a deal breaker for me think it's a huge mistake on their part to say that they are going to charge people different rates depending on how much or little you play. They will never get a lot of folks to switch from games like wow to this if they are going to have to pay 2-3 times as much. Too bad looks great but not even worth a look to me with pricing like that.
    I looked into this, and it seems to me that the pricing is going to end up being about the same as WoW, just with time limits that are not very constrictive.

1-month card: 19,800 won (approximately 13.7 USD*), 300 hours for 30 days

3-month card: 47,520 won (approximately 32.9 USD), 900 hours for 90 days

3-hour card: 3000 won, (approximately 2 USD)

30-hour card: 12,000 won ((approximately 8.3 USD)

Basically about $14 for 300 hours in 1 month. That's 10 hours a day, every day. I doubt I would ever go over that.

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    I think its a Korean thing ( I get a message that comes up at 3 hours of game play and says, "You have been playing for three hours, please log off for you health."

As well I think its a tactic to stop gold farmers and bots.

Edit: Alsowhen I prepurchased I think I rember signing up for a monthly sub. $14.95 for 1 month no hour limitation that I remember reading.
    Last edited by [AK]Bojan; 08-17-2009 at 08:06 AM.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Gunny Highway View Post
    It doesn't cost anymore to play then WoW unless you are a 10-hr a day, 7-day a week player. then pricing can be a factor. I see it as a fair pricing system.

I'm in if you guys are still playing in December. I see no time until then and Santa would have to buy me a computer capable of playing games again since I gave away my old gaming machine.
    So basically it will have to have a strong AK presence before I'll bite.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Looks like Wow with prettier graphics.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Check

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bribo View Post
    Looks like Wow with prettier graphics.
    Not so much like WoW, but a bit more of a Guild Wars feel. Overall it has a very comfortable feel to it.
    Keyboard commands don't make complete logical sense to me, but then again I've been playing WoW for almost 5yrs so I have those buttons burnt into my brain.
    Class expansion and items are very cool and it's a refreshing way to get to a point and then groom your character into the path you want it to be in. The flying and gliding is a refreshing way to get away from the ground/air mount conundrum.
    Looking at some of the retail 1.5 game press data, there are 19 instance areas that are either being improved or added to the game. There are about 1000 more quests throughout the game, and there are some updates to PVP and Arena type play. This version of the game will be much more robust then the currently released Korean version of the game.

Beaker, I'll still be playing in December, I'm certain of it.

Well the servers just went down and all I have to say is "Darn! I'm impressed!!" I will definitely be playing this come September and I'm sooo ready to get started.
    "Try to walk a mile in a healer's sandals.
    That way, you'll be a mile ahead of them.
    And out of range for heals.
    And die.
    And blame it on them."
    ~Coreiel
    <WoW CM>

***Taking a small gaming break while I play the ultimate RTS...Parenthood***

Yeah, I was playing a Scout on a different server and was kicked also. It's sad to see the beta event end. I am having such a great time playing. I am also very excited for the full launch of the game. We are going to have a blast playing!

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

Ok its looking good, but I buy everything, so I will preorder this weekend. Hope its play on windows 7, already upgraded my laptop.. The time limit is going to hinder my farming... but I sure I will have happyday to keep me company.... Isnt the beta closed down after today? No worries, wolfenstein is out tomorrow...
    Last edited by [AK]Rocks; 08-17-2009 at 01:20 PM.

"I sharded Thunderfury!" [AK]Camelwalk's Avatar
    I gonna give this one a shot, just cause I miss all yall.......dont have much time to game anymore, but Ill try the causal route for once

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Camelwalk View Post
    I gonna give this one a shot, just cause I miss all yall.......dont have much time to game anymore, but Ill try the causal route for once
    I'm in the same boat (except for this past weekend when the hubby watched the baby) and it's refreshing!
    "Try to walk a mile in a healer's sandals.
    That way, you'll be a mile ahead of them.
    And out of range for heals.
    And die.
    And blame it on them."
    ~Coreiel
    <WoW CM>

***Taking a small gaming break while I play the ultimate RTS...Parenthood***

Kill them in the face! [AK?]Azmodious's Avatar
    hows this one looking? been thinking about finding something to taste while on my wow break.