Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questing woes

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

Questing woes

I am still liking the game, but the questing alone is somewhat problematic for me. Ie.... I die and feel the need to repair, which is costing me alot of gold to retain the xp, which is why I was questing in the first place. I assume I am not the only one running into this issue. So please feel free to ping me to help you with quests, since I rather be helping others, than repairing alone.

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    If you see me on I am more than willing to group.

I actually need groups for the Abyss quest lines since the Eloy Ganking parties get old and time consuming.

I had the exact same problem on my assassin, I really like Aion's gameplay, graphics, and combat. Having said that, the grinding and dying constantly grated on my nerves, and I havent put much more time into it. I knew it was going to be a grindfest before I bought it, but damn lol, I just dont have that kind of time.
    A warrior is kinda like a blender. You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving........you're going to lose.

Rocks, are you keeping Rocksy's gear up to level? I've noticed that if I keep updating my gear, it really cuts down on my deaths. But it's true, that solo questing can get hard sometimes.

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days, work has kept me busier than I would like. I should be back on tonight, and I'm always game for group questing. I don't find it too much of a grindfest, but I am really in no hurry to level, so I guess that's why I don't mind it going slowly. I am excited to be 25 though and hopefully tonight I'll finish the Abyss questline (I'm on the last step I think?) and get to see the Abyss!

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Ditto for me. I'm pretty "little" yet (15) but I'd be happy to come heal anytime in the evenings when I'm on. (I'm sometimes on during downtime at work, too, but am mainly focusing on crafting then, since I could be called away at any time.)

I hear alot of people complain about deaths...

To be honest, ive never really experienced it.

With the Templar I have died a hand full of times, but never just grinding on mobs and questing. If i get more than I can handle on me I just run away.

The only deaths I have really expierenced have been in groups or accidently attacking elits.

My Sorc, Chanter, Assasin are only lvl 10-13 and really havnt had death issue with them either.

The only advise I can offer is to make sure you upgrade your gear at least every 5 level intil 23-28 after that you may be able to slack off on your armor as long as you keep your weapons updated.

Dont attack multiple mobs unless you know you can handle it... if you get 2 or more on you run away.

I grind on mob -1 to +1 of my level, certain mobs are easier for me to kill depening on the toon im playing if i have to grind I do it on those mobs.

At lvl 27 I came across the first set of mobs I have had an issue with... not death but they do take thier toll and i experience a good amount of downtime. i just skipped those quest got a level and tried again... little bit better but im going to wait one more level.

As a melee upgrading my weapon make a huge differance... make sure its at least green and enchant it at least once. Dont forget to use mana stones in all your slots. +dmg or crit seem to be the best for leveling.

With the squishy clothie you die ALOT!!!!

I just hit 20 yesterday......anyone that wants to quest with me or help me catch up to them.....I would be much appreciative.......the other night running the BC quests was a real treat since other than Azmo helping out with a couple quest ....and some AWESOME gear, I have been going it alone. I feel your pain Rocks.

So....open invite....hang with the lowbie!!!!

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    The grind is really starting to bore me to tears. I'm not enjoying this recent feeling :-(

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

Good point Swae,, I used my gold to upgrade my gear and has helped alot in my opinion. Tho I still need to be careful, but an improvement forsure.

Just remember after lvl 25 instances open up and there are always elite areas to group in...

If your quest log is empty and you dont want to grind solo hit us up... I have been working on getting the guild into NTC for a few weeks now.

I have managed a few runs in LC the last one we actually dropped the big mini boss and saw some mad loots.

Blue Chanter Staff, Blue Sorc Neck, a bunch of greens.

Good times.

I would love to get into LC or NTC tonight or this weekend!

If all goes as planned i should be around most of this weekend.

Bojan, your sig is very scary looking.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Swae View Post
    Bojan, your sig is very scary looking.
    Why thank you

I have had he Flu for the last week, hopefully once I am able to get rid of this I'll be back. I noticed I am falling far behind some folks but maybe others will be around the same level when I can return and we can run together.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!