Thread: How do you like your Class?

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar

How do you like your Class?

So I am stuck on picking an alt to work on.

I want to be able to grind away solo since I doubt Ill be catching up to anyone for groupage. If you currently enjoy your class and keep yourself going for non stop monster carniage let me know.

I have a lvl 12 Sorc who can definnetly kill mobs but i find my self running out of mana consistanly and in order to kill non stop I have to keep downing pots, and burning through the Powder.

I have a Chanter lvl 10 and I hear they are badass for soloing... and am debating on running this toon. I hope they are decent in PVP

I am also debating on leveling up a Gladiator since thats the BOTS choice class so they can obviosly kill non stop without much effort.

I also have an assasin that for some reason really does appeal to me for what ever reason.

Anyway let me know.

I find the chanter to be awesome for grinding. My DPS is not spectacular, but I can easily kill mobs 2-3 levels higher than me, and I do not take very much damage. I can also pop hots on myself as I kill things, and I rarely run out of mana, so there is very little down time. I'm not sure how PVP will be, as we don't have the CC or big heals that clerics have. At higher levels, you can stigma more towards a support roll and get better buffs and HoTs, or you can go the DPS route for more offensive spells.

The only other classes I have played past 10 are a sorcerer and a ranger. The sorcerer is easy-nuke mode, but yeah, runs out of mana constantly. The ranger doesn't have mana problems, but I found it pretty tricky to play...kiting is hard!

I think my next alt is going to be a spiritmaster.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I only have my cleric (just hit level 18 with him) and find him to have a lot of the same limitations that you describe with the sorcerer: I'm continuously trying to replenish my mana when I'm soloing. I can do it, going 1-2 levels above my own, because I can HOT early, and by about level 15 there's a new healing spell that lets me completely replenish my health bar from 0, but there's a good reason why I put most of my crafting money and energy into alchemy and cooking. Fights take a good long time because I don't deal much damage.

Kill them in the face! [AK?]Azmodious's Avatar
    Anything in Plate is grind friendly. anything in cloth will have problems with more than one mob. Rangers (once past the lvl 1-15 hell time) can kill most things without taking dammage and hardly use mana, so they grind non-stop, but it is a tricky grind full of diffrent kiting tricks. Preist and chanters can go non stop if you focus on alchemy a bit for free pots. but i find that when tring to catch up, once you hit BC and beyond, it is a lot easier to be in demand (Cleric or Tank). Due to the lare ammount of grouping needed.

Last thing you want to have is to be tired of sitting on your main spamming for groups, just to roll over to your alt to sit arround, spamming for groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmodious View Post
    Preist and chanters can go non stop if you focus on alchemy a bit for free pots. but i find that when tring to catch up, once you hit BC and beyond, it is a lot easier to be in demand (Cleric or Tank). Due to the lare ammount of grouping needed.
    Just my 2 cents - I don't have alchemy on my chanter, and frankly don't need it (although flight pots are pretty sweet). The only time I've used pots is if I somehow end up with more than 2 mobs on me - I may take a health pot. Mana is never an issue when I'm solo. The *only* time I run out of mana is if I get stuck main healing - chanters aren't designed for it, therefore I run out of mana like super quick.

Also, chanters are very popular as far as grouping - everyone wants a chanter in the group. Ideal makeup is tank-cleric-chanter-3 dps.

I leveled my Gladitor to 10 last night. I figured I may as well check them all out now that I found out about the nifty little quest at lvl 30 that givees you a piece of blue armor.

My understanding is you can share this armor between alts, change it from plate, to cloth, to leather etc. it levels up with your character till 50. and if you have all 5 pieces you get a weapon to boot.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Clerics don't do too badly either, in terms of group requests. I remarked to Fax last night that being a healer hanging out near BC was like being the pretty girl at the dance, whereas my WoW hunter was like being, well, the hairy, dumpy dwarf that he was.

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    Burnt out with my Sorc. Decided to not keep my account going for now, the grind was boring me to tears.

Templars are easy to grind with, I somtimes just prefer it over running around and questing.

Galdiator is even easier.

I here Chanters are easy as well...

My Sorc who is almost lvl 18 sucks to grind on. Sure it hits hella hard and i dont even have mana issues. Just takes alot more effort with good chances of an early demise if your get sloppy. I can see this as a fun group class though.