Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Windows ads: "I'm a PC"... What does that mean?

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Clay View Post
    That makes sense.

To be honest, most of the negative, or at least tepid, reviews of the Android appear to be from iPhone fanboys.
    Most of the glowing reviews of the Droid seem to be from Apple haters.

Etc.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Squidly View Post

Etc.
    Not true, at least in my case. I don't really know much about Apple and don't feel one way or the other about it. I think iPhones are neato, and Android phones are just as cool.

That's just me, though, I guess.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Squidly View Post

Etc.

True that.

Kill them in the face! [AK?]Azmodious's Avatar
    I do IT research for my company so I have a droid and an iphone so i can test them with our systems. I like the droid (gen1) better as a baseline, but the iphone has more apps. (the droid has the pimpest bar scanner app that the iphone cant even touch though).

the biggest issue with android we had was that it didnt support exchange mail, but thanks to the Touchdown app thats all fixed (for $25 a year) But the new mytouch has native support.

Biggest problem with the iPhone.... iTunes and all the accounts you have to keep up with.

Over all, i say they are only about 10% different, so if you have the chance to take one for a test drive, or look at a friends that would be your best bet.
    Last edited by [AK?]Azmodious; 11-16-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Quote Originally Posted by [AK?]Azmodious View Post
    I do IT research for my company so I have a droid and an iphone so i can test them with our systems. I like the droid (gen1) better as a baseline, but the iphone has more apps. (the droid has the pimpest bar scanner app that the iphone cant even touch though).

the biggest issue with android we had was that it didnt support exchange mail, but thanks to the Touchdown app thats all fixed (for $25 a year) But the new mytouch has native support.

Biggest problem with the iPhone.... iTunes and all the accounts you have to keep up with.

Over all, i say they are only about 10% different, so if you have the chance to take one for a test drive, or look at a friends that would be your best bet.
    Question on this.

Setting, I have a nephew who's a good kid. Great kid actually. He just graduated from HS, and that may well be as far as he goes, so it's a big deal for him. He doesn't have a PC, and generally will only have spotty access to such. Beaker thinks we should go all out and get him an iTouch. A bit extravagant, I know, but it's family, and he'd give you the shirt off his back. That, and we've been generous with HandmeDown PC's to the other nieces.

Anyway, the iTouch has never struck me as a good idea, because you have to have a PC to use it. And you can't jump around PC's easily, because good old iTunes will wipe out your pre loaded music (if you received it as such.)

However, with an Android, does this problem also exist? The purchase price is about the same between the two, and the thought of being able to just send down a memory card preloaded with a ton of music, has an appeal.

Would that work? Or do they still have some equivalent of iTunes that, a) you have to have to do anything regarding updating media on the device, and b) will wipe out any pre-existing material on the device when you try to sync it to a new machine?