Thread: You've got to love Thomas Jefferson

You've got to love Thomas Jefferson

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe.
    Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
    Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government
    Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
    Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:
    'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks
    will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered..'
    No law protects anyone from the act breaking it. The Law is strictly to proscribe the punishment for abusing one's freedom of action by infringing on the freedoms of others. The Law does not impute righteousness upon the offender, the Law imputes the sin of the offender.

Awesome post!
    "]