Thread: New content on its way

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

New content on its way

Star Trek Online is getting some new content, below you'll find information on the "Raid Episodes", along with a trailer and new screenshots.
    STF: Infected

Starfleet has lost contact with one of its star bases. More than 400 officers could be lost, including a key member of Starfleet's Borg Task Force. Infiltrate the base and take the fight to the Borg!

•Retake the Sibiran system and shut down a transwarp conduit being used by the Borg to establish a foothold in the Gamma Orionis Sector Block.
    •Investigate the strange new nanovirus the Borg are using to assimilate entire worlds at alarming speeds.
    •Retake Starbase 89 before its fully taken over by the Borg, and save what is left of the Starfleet personnel that are still there.
    •Locate Captain Ogen’s Strike Team and Rebecca Simmons, the lead Borg Task Force researcher working on a cure for the nanovirus. Both went deep into the Borg infected starbase and haven’t reported back in quite some time.
    •It’s a five-man mission. Players will not be able to complete it without teaming up with other players.
    •The mission spans space and ground gameplay.
    •Applies to level 43 +
    •Encounters are daunting. Lots of enemies. Designed to be challenging.
    •Releases this month.
    STF: The Cure

The Klingon Defense Force has been conducting its own investigation into the Borg advance, and they believe that the Collective's next target is the Vorn system. Enemies may have to unite when confronted by a greater foe.

•Assist the I.K.S. Kang in a desperate battle with the Borg.
    •Explore a planet that has been completely assimilated. Can you rescue the warriors before they are taken over by the Borg?
    •Fight at the side of Ja'rod, son of Lursa.
    •Free Klingon ships from Borg control, and gain their assistance in a final battle with a Borg fleet.
    STF: Khitomer Accord

Finally, the mysteries of the Borg attack on Vega Colony are revealed! Why did the Borg attack there, and how was an unprepared Starfleet able to defeat them?

•Confront the Borg before they can use temporal anomalies to change the past of the Federation.
    •Warp back into your own past, in the hours before the attack on Vega Colony.
    •Discover a base where thousands of Borg drones are being held in stasis. What are the Borg's plans for this hidden army?
    •Starfleet's not ready for the Borg. A defeat here could mean that the entire Alpha Quadrant falls. Balance the scales and fight the Borg for the preservation of the quadrant.
    •Learn the fate of a missing Romulan empress.
    STF: Into the Hive

The fate of the Alpha Quadrant hangs in the balance. Enter a unicomplex and confront the Borg Queen herself.

•Rescue civilians trapped on an assimilated world.
    •Follow the trail to a unicomplex, and penetrate deep into the Borg stronghold.
    •Confront the Borg Queen, and fight for the fate of the galaxy.
    STF: Children of Khan

Amar Singh escapes from Federation custody, and he and an underground group of Augments steal the U.S.S. Asgard and race toward the remains of the Mutara Nebula. Can you stop them before they start a new Eugenics War?

•Fight a fleet assembled by Princep Khan and his followers.
    •Beam onto the Asgard, and battle through its corridors to save civilians and crew.
    •Confront the Princep. Can you deal with his transporter tricks?
    •Save the divided Asgard and give the saucer section a chance to escape

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    Seeing Rocks post such good detail in is PITA form makes me smile.

Keep up the good work my man!!

P.S. do you have any recently upgraded spare video cards laying around for sale? I think it's time to step up the GTX260 a little :-D

August Knights

Star Trek Online Spreads Infection
    Mar 04, 2010 at 10:21 AM - Jube - 2 Comments
    The first of the Star Trek Online "Infected" content is now live. In the first Special Task Force mission you will travel to the Sibiran system to investigate Starbase 82, a Federation space station that has ceased communicating with Starfleet. Turns out that the Borg are already there and assimilating the people aboard.
    Quick "Infected" Facts

Klingon and Federation players both have access to this Special Task Force.
    It is a daily repeatable mission.
    Mark X gear drops in the mission.
    Mission success provides Marks of Valor, which will be used in a special gear store coming in the 45-day update.
    The Federation and Klingon Empire are now tentatively working together to fight the Borg and can be on the same Deepspace encounter maps against the Borg.

I find the 'Winback' weekend for Star Trek Online very amusing. It's been out for less then 6 months, and they have already reduced the price of the game in half, and they are already having free re-play and trial time to play. I would think anyone who purchased a lifetime subscription would want to get a large portion of their money back.

August Knights

Nah, I don't regret , I would waste more coffee in two years. I still play and can anytime I want too.

I feel bad for you Rocks just in that way where it would have been good to get some percentage of that money spent back due to the smaller footprint in the MMO world that it has.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]StitchJones View Post
    I find the 'Winback' weekend for Star Trek Online very amusing. It's been out for less then 6 months, and they have already reduced the price of the game in half, and they are already having free re-play and trial time to play. I would think anyone who purchased a lifetime subscription would want to get a large portion of their money back.
    Talked with my neighbor (Cryptic employee) and it appears that every company is going to be going with a pay-for-play model. They are planning on just giving their games for free but charging for content and add-ons. The model is working EXTREMELY WELL. It really surprised the hell out of them. Revenues for Star Trek exploded once they changed their revenue system.

I see that BF3 is looking at this already.

Rocks: I just tried out Star Trek Online, not too shabby. I'll be playing for the next few weeks.

Cryptic's next MMO with heavy FPS will be going to Friends&Family Alpha release soon. I'll let you know, but I have a feeling it's a Clash of the Titans type of game.
    Last edited by [AK]Nuts; 06-06-2011 at 09:16 AM.

August Knights

Hey, love to play with you. I am Ny/NJ until next monday, so when I return we can go where no men as gone before. That doesn;t sound good does it. Anyway, you can be the next guild member/officer too..