Thread: Lag

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar

Lag

So my machine is more than able to run this smoothing at max settings during solo play but I find myself turning EVERYTHING to low for online play because of the lag... even at that the 30+ people matches are unbareable. We were running one map with about 12 people I think and it was all decent but when it got up to 18 it got nasty again... any tips or tricks i should look into to help? Worst case I should be moving in the next month or two and have access to cable. Right now I have a pretty crappy DSL connection going.
    Last edited by [AK]Bojan; 04-22-2010 at 09:16 AM.

That's really odd....My machine is 2+ years old and I am able to run it on medium with absolutely no lag. I've had my share of crashes and freezes, but I haven't heard much complaint of lag issues.

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    Dont think its my machine, I think its the internet connection. I was getting booted often and rubber banding all over the place... Stab some fool then warp back 50 yard into the side of a building... hell I was kicking the crap out of a couple people on my screen last night then BOOM dead with Sedi laughing at me.

Ill mess with my modem tonight.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

You might be compromised again. High upload traffic will cruch your bandwidth. Check your secuity and monitor your port and process activity.

Also, go to 192.168.1.100 .100.1 .0.0 .0.100 and .100.0

I get similar issues, and it's always related to spikes / latency. Thus if I'm looking for a pug server, I always sort by ping and typically find servers in the ny/nj/pa area avg 16-47 rate. The AK server is typically 140-190 and comes n goes. sometimes it's smooth, sometimes I'm checking the results of who knifed me.