Thread: Preparing for TWL

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Preparing for TWL

I hope everyone is looking forward to getting started in TWL as much as I am! There are a couple of things that you can do in order to get ready for when we join the ladder.

First, if you haven't done so previously, you should go to www.teamwarfare.com and create yourself an account. (If you have, you should go there and log in and make sure you still know your password!) If your name is taken, just make it something close. TWL has officially put it into the rules that "common sense should be used if someone's in-game name differs from their TWL name."

Next, you'll need to find your PBGuid and add it into your profile. I found instructions here; reposting for your convenience.

Retrieve your PB GUID

Once PB logging is enabled join a PB enabled server. Load into the server and join a team.

Now you GUID should be saved in the log. To get it open the pbcl.log file and search for:
    PB Server assigned guid = <guid>

The full line should look like the following:

[05.02.2007 11:36:56] PB Server assigned guid = 206e3ab09c9b0776230be5a78a02f1f0

Now you can use this to search ban lists to see if you're banned should you get a Prior Kick/Ban message from PB.

We can also get our PB GUID from the console for our server while you are in a game on the AK server. It will show on the events tab or the punkbuster tab.

I created a forum account and activated it, I am not sure where or what else to do for creating anything else on the TWL site.