Thread: Recon sucks!

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar

Recon sucks!

Assault and Engineer all unlocked. Medic is almost complete. Started working on Recon last night and to be honest I suck as Recon!

Any advice other than quit sucking is appriciated.

Kill them in the face! [AK?]Azmodious's Avatar
    Fail less.

From what i hear, recon is a "Rubber Band" class. It takes a while to pull that rubber band back, but once you have enough pull on it..... pow.

Recon has trajectory drop on bullets relative to distance traveled.....depending on accuracy stat. I recommend practicing in our server.....continue to hold the fire button down after you fire to see where your shot lands to make necessary corrections.

Personally I love recon....I have over 2200 kills so far

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Play hardcore. Most sniper rifles are one shot, one kill on hardcore, and there's no killcam to give away your location. On a "Care Bear" server, anything other than a clean headshot takes 2 or even 3 hits to kill, which gives your target and his buddies a chance to find you and kill you.

Only advice I could give is that recon doesn't need to be a "sniper". They have other cool things you can unlock, like mortar strike and motion warning devices. If you are frustrated with using a sniper rifle, you can always go shotgun or any of the auto rifles and still mortar and C4 people.

When I go tank buster I go recon with the 870 shotty (or M1A1/G3) and C4. I hide in the brush shooting people, and when tank rolls by, 2-C4s and boom! Remember you still get recon points as long as you log into the game as recon.
    "Don't tell your problems to people: eighty percent don't care; and the other twenty percent are glad you have them”

Lou Holtz

I didnt know about holding the button down to see where your shots land... I think this will help alot! Thanks!

Sedi I agree and need to get better at that. Last night I felt like a gimped assult class. For some reason I dont "hide" well as recon.

"I sharded Thunderfury!" [AK]Camelwalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bojan View Post
    Assault and Engineer all unlocked. Medic is almost complete. Started working on Recon last night and to be honest I suck as Recon!
    I suck worst so there

I leveled my recon as a mortar slinging shot gun toting pain in the ass.

I prefer the USAS-12. It's automatic, so ya hold drop up on some Sedi's and hold the hammer down!

I would wager the others remember this phase of my gaming style.
    "]

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Ask Ab!

Everyone gets a knife.

The first semi auto rifle is pretty good. If your overall rank is high enough to get them, the m14 and G3 are great. And shottys are conversation stoppers.

Close range 3/4 base away or less no drop, edge of base to opposite edge about an 1/8th of an inch (except the GOL) on sight lines
    full-2 bases away 1/8-3/8 inch drop
    3 base and over it's a matter of adjusting start at about 3/8 inch and add drop from there.
    Leading a moving target allow for drop and about 1/8 - 1/4 inch lead on the person depending on how far away they are.
    Obviously elevation also impacts adjustments slightly. I am sure there are more technical guides that are more accurate but these are my starting points that seem to work OK.
    Last edited by [AK]Gunny Highway; 06-02-2010 at 11:54 AM.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

clicking and holding the fire button and watching the bullet was actually a big help. Hitting targets is alot easier. Now I just need to figure out how to hide and spot better.

Hitting moving targets is still a challenge but it will happen.