Thread: Quran Burning

Quran Burning

What's your take on this... I'm not sure where I stand.

Obviously we allow American's to burn books. Numerous churches routinely hold book burnings including versions of the Christian Bible that they find to be false.

We also allow people to mock and harass others religious beliefs (Think of Piss Christ... urine soaked cross) Effigies of the Pope being burn. Hollywood's attacks on Christianity

So why all the butt-hurt out of a bunch of yokels burning the Quran? Is it solely because that Muslims generally bomb and kill people that upset them? Or do these people have a sudden interest in protecting peoples religious beliefs?

Yes, this pastor and his church are pretty ignorant but since when does this kind of idiocy require the attention of the President, Sec of State, leading Generals, et all if not because we fear that fundamentalist, barbaric Muslim will get their panties in a bunch?

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

Muslims riot and behead people over Muhammed cartoons. How much more will they be incensed by some damned fool in Florida making a bonfire out of Korans? This event will be a senseless and unnecessary incitement of violence, and the guy doing it should be condemned by Christians everywhere. The anti-Christians can burn our holy book and slander our faith with impunity, but it won't make the news because Christians don't respond by blowing people up, and besides, attacking Christians is politically correct. This double standard is absurd and unjust, but it's a cross that Christians must bear. All we can and should do is aspire to live like Christ, and this cannot be reconciled with burning Korans and recklessly provoking those of different faiths. Furthermore, this idiot brings condemnation down upon all Christians in this country. The media seizes opportunities like this to lambaste Christianity as a whole, which does not help the spread of the Gospel.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I'm glad you all agree.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

I think this is more news that it's truly worthy. The press are creating this story as much as the story itself. The media are allowing themselves to be played by a crackpot fool seeking his 15 minutes of fame. And IMHO are as culpable for any damages that result from a small fire in Gainesville as the fool who sets it - though they'll never accept it.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Much ado about nothing. Haters gonna hate.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    This is a non-story, cooked up by the media. Some random douche decides to do something douchey. This is not newsworthy.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.