Thread: Need Ideas

Need Ideas

I feel the creative energies starting to flow, but I can't seem to get a good idea out of them.

Anyone have a good idea for an application they want to see created?
    Could be web-based, web mobile, iphone, android or windows mobile (or all 5)

My idea was for an app that showed congressional votes....not really exciting though, and not ready to be released prior to election (when it would be most used)

Web Based idea: just for fun, wow realm status that alerts you with an SMS when a realm is down or up. down wouldn't probably be necessary as #1: you were on, and you now know it's down, or #2: you weren't playing anyway, so do you care if it's down? Know that is back up would be more beneficial, especially on maintenance windows, etc.
    Last edited by [AK]Choozoo; 10-05-2010 at 11:09 AM.
    **I just have nothing cool enough to put here**

Traffic congestion predictions via Google maps.

My commute home always has a 5 mile section that grinds to a halt. If I could review historical trends of green to yellow to red to black, I could theoretically predict the best time to travel on the road home given the time and day. Google already has the information. I just need an app that would capture their data and store it, then create predictions of traffic over a given area. "Oh, it's thursday, I have to leave by 4pm." On the last Friday of the month, I have to leave by 2pm to miss the traffic"

Iphone/Pad APP:

Score Keeper for old school games. While playing Rumy the other day, we broken out paper and pencil to keep score. Then someone grabbed their iPAD and used a spreadsheet to keep score. It would be nice to have a cheap little app that simply asks for the number of players and their names and then it simply prompts you to enter the score for each player at the end of the round and maintains a running total. Basically a simple front end for a spreadsheet.

I'll add more as I think of them.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

I have an Android based phone called an EVO. I use the GPS function heavily when I travel. A huge complaint amongst Android owners is that the default maps program does not do a good job caching maps for the traveler who doesn't always have network access. It would be fantastic to be able to pre-download the maps of interest ahead of time, and then navigation with those already in the phone. Of particular interest for the international traveler. There are 3rd party GPS/Navigation apps to do this, but non have integrated in with the existing Maps program, and all disappoint. An App that integrated into the Android systems Maps program that did this would be huge.

Does 'Motion x' work with android? it allows you to download and cache specific maps for those times when you don't have wifi or 3g.

Nuts, let me know the cities involved for your commute.

Here's the specific map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...1&z=12&layer=t

I580 from the I680 Interchange to Greenville Rd.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Can you make an app that tracks the black helicopters that keep following me?
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Kill them in the face! [AK?]Azmodious's Avatar
    An app that i can load up on my phone that will back up all of my WoW mods and their settings. Then for it to allow for the phone to be plugged into another PC with wow installed for it to then load all the saved mods and settings.

Kinna like Curse premium, but phone based instead of cloud server based.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bribo View Post
    Can you make an app that tracks the black helicopters that keep following me?

Simply point the barcode scanner of your android phone at the screen and click.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Clay View Post

Simply point the barcode scanner of your android phone at the screen and click.
    Awesomeness

hey How about one I wrote published on the Market Place - FlxTeroids Air Demo v1 - wargfndev

http://www.appbrain.com/app/flxteroi...dev.FlxTeroids

Yes, I am NERD. Now if you knew what I was working on you'd be scared.

My local newspaper has a website that features the 'police log'. It has the address (block) and crime listed. Would be cool to have a tool you can aim at a page(s), enter in keywords and it maps those words on top of google maps.

I've been searching Google Traffic/Map APIs in my limited spare time, and I can't find any way to gather information out of the traffic patterns yet, will continue to dig.
    The police blotter would be cool, but for my local 8 page newspaper wonder, it lists only the address of the perp, not the location of the crime. Need a consistant source for info.

Azmo, That would be doable, but would vary greatly from device to device. That maybe the easiest of all the issues.

I did about a days worth of work on the realm status pager, that might be the fastest to market.....

Bribo, I can't help you, they already know where you are.
    Last edited by [AK]Choozoo; 11-15-2010 at 11:52 AM.