Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Supposedly they are in the process of migrating to new server(s). I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works and authentication returns to working consistently.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...6927446f31fadf

Kill them in the face! [AK?]Azmodious's Avatar

been sick

Ok, i was out from illness for a few days, so i havet gotten the server up yet.. I have my home server back up and running again now. I am getting the access to the new server tonight, so it will be up and running this week.

a few mods that i recommend

MINIMAP!!!!!
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Zans-Minecraft-Minimap-Mod

Good "HD" Texture Pack
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...p?f=25&t=73861

use this to load the HD texture pack
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...p?f=25&t=46173

NONE of these require server patching...

Have fun, ill post more once i get the server up and running.

Well, the servers up, Fu's connected, and I'm sitting here local and having issues... needless to say, it's kinda shakey but sooner or later you should be able to connect.

BTW Azmo, I didn't check, but make sure you're mods are current for yesterday's build. I, and apparently others, have had issues with mods since this build. If you find yourself sitting at a black screen, you may need to delete you're bin folder to rebuild it.

EDIT: I'm on!! Only took ~20 tries!

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    I still can't get through the authentication servers. I suspect they're getting hammered now during the upgrade process.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

my home server is up and running, mods runnin as well.

if you load the minimap mod, dont do the mod loader fix.

the backup function is sweet though

Just received my login credentials for a dedicated server. I see in previous posts that you guys already have a server up. do you wanna just keep using that one, or do you still want me to set up a dedicated one?

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

The more the merrier, IMO. I finally got through the authentication servers this AM, only to fail logging in to Osred's server. Not sure if his is down now or what, but it gave me a message saying that the login process timed out.
    The sun has fallen down

Ya, I can go either way Azmo. I have a lot of good progress on my server, so I'll probably stick with that for the most part. But if we have an alternative, I'd probably fiddle with it there also taking a different approach. BTW - I assume you're hosting it yourself and hopefully not paying for one?

Squidly, it should be up. I saw that you (and Rocks) were able to hit it last night and got the 'took to long' error. I get that even when connecting with the client on the same box as the server. Looking at the logs, it seems like that may happen 3 times and you'll get in.

At this point, I'm getting pretty curious as to where the problem lies. If that same behavior is happening on all the private servers out there or is it just something to do with my implementation. Perhaps it's time for me to make a post on the community forums.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

I'll give it a more dedicated shot tonight when I get home from work. My daughter is really getting into this game... I suspect I'll be buying her her own account soon...lol
    The sun has fallen down

If you have your server running on a box that is not also running a minecraft client, then your box will be just as good as mine. if your are running it all on one box, there will be more stability to move it to a dedicated server. I can import your world into the server if you want, so there is that option. it doesnt realy matter though.. Ill set this server up and move my personal server over to it. Any of you are welcome on my personal server i just have to warn you that there are 3 kids on the server under the age of 15. so occasionally they go raiding other peoples stuff, but we use them as fodder for our new trap designs.

(good stuff here)
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Traps

awesome (but not that sneaky) trap
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewFrg...layer_embedded

Mine's running on a dedicated server also, so it should be about the same thing. Question, if you are in online mode, have you experienced any of the issues that I've mentioned? like the too long to connect???

Also, 2 more nice little links:
    MineCrack Graph Paper
    http://minedraft.net/#

Absolute Beginners Guide to Everything Redstone
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...1fadf#p1634576

yea, i have issues too. it toggles between two different errors, one claims to be an internal string failure, the other is the standard "took too long to connect" defiantly related to the core login. They are moving this process to a dedicated server, but it looks like breaking it out isnt going that well.

Brute force the login and you will eventually get in, just keep clicking. Everyone doing that is what is causing the problem, but you do what you got to do , right.

TBH the Amazon Cloud System he is using leaves some to be desired (I build clouds for a living)

Cool - that makes me feel a bit better.

I found this hack in an old forum post. I don't know if it'll work, but I'm gonna give it a try anyway. If it does, I may incorporate one of the whitelist mods to (hopefully) avoid hackers and griefers.

Set or add: verify-names=false

online-mode=false

set the configuration sting "online-mode=false" in your config, and the server wont do a doublecheck on your logins.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK?]Azmodious View Post
    set the configuration sting "online-mode=false" in your config, and the server wont do a doublecheck on your logins.
    I had done that the other day, but when we were testing we would knock each other off because we were both logging in as "player". Of course, this was during the time period where hitting the initial authentication server wasn't working, so we would go offline mode. Once everything started working again, I stopped the search to find a way around that.

BUT -- The good news is that yesterday's patch seems to have worked wonders! Squid, Rocks, Fu, and myself were all able to get in on the first shot!