Thread: Anyone play board games?

Anyone play board games?

Not talking chutes and ladders or monopoly, but any of the 'modern' ones like Carcassone, Dominion, or Settlers of Catan? There are various java and web based versions of these available, and I was wondering if anyone would be up for a board game night? I'd be down for any of those three to start. If you haven't heard of them and would like to learn you'll find their very easy to pick up and evolve into some fairly good strategy games.

So ya, if your curious or interested, throw out a night that would work best. Personally, I'd love to get together on a Monday, but I'm flexible.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    My kids have been getting into board games lately and have pulled me into a few new games. Here's what we I have played lately:

Settlers of Catan: Love this game. Lives up to the hype.
    Descent: Journeys in the Dark: Another fun game. Think a series of D&D encounters wrapped up into a faster paced board game. Easy rules and an engaging story. Fun!
    Small World: this might be my favorite. Fast paced, empire building (and declining) with a variety of races and special traits. No two games are the same. Easy rules.
    Arkham Horror: played this twice with my son and a few friends. Complex and difficult rules. It's a good game and the more you play the better it gets but it's not for the faint hearted as the depth of the rules can be a bit challenging to grasp. Better to play a couple times with someone who has played before and has a firm grasp of the gameplay.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.