View Poll Results: Are you playing MOHAA?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 35.71%
  • No

9 64.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ot: Mohaa

Ot: Mohaa

How many people from around here are playing MOHAA?
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    I have no idea what MOHAA is so I guess that's a No for me.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

Medal of Honor is a great game. I just finished the single player campaign, and I've been playing multiplayer like crazy.

Pnly reason I wondered is cause I picked it up today at EB.. lookes good, heard good things, the guy at the counter gave it rave reviews and said he loved the game.. so I think I made a good buy.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Oh, Medal of Honor. I have the demo disc but haven't loaded it yet. I've heard it's good but gameplay is not quite as good as RTCW. More authentic WW2 action, though.
    [AK]Bribo

[AK]Bribo

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    I love this game.. not as graphically nice as Wolfenstein, but the scripted sequences are great. There are many memorable moments in this one... protecting the bridge with a sniper rifle in that tower, storming the beach, driving the King Tiger - blowing up an entire town with it... great stuff.

And I love the small box (shut up!)
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

I'm used to Medal of Honor being a console game, this is gonna be a completely mind blowing experience for me... I still have yet to play it
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

I got it Saturday, beat it on easy Sunday, started playing it on hard Sunday night and will probably beat that later tonight. I have only had limited multiplayed experience with it so far... yeah that's right, crappy internet connection still, but I enjoyed the choppiness. Of those people who have played both this and RtCW, which do you think has more online staying power?

p.s. I canceled my DAoC account. I think I have about a month left on the account, but I don't see myself doing much within that time. Soon Ryk will be dead for good

pix

Do you have to cancel DAoC yourself? Or will it come up at the end of your chosen term and tell you to "Press YES" to continue?
    [AK]Bribo

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    I haven't been able to play MOH online yet... have to fine the timd to open the port on my firewall.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

You have to cancel the account manually I assume its just like everquest and is a reaccuring charge every time you have ti set up to charge..
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

Shades

I have both medal of honor and return to castle wolfie. I am torn. Medal of honor has more "authenic" feel than Wolfie but the multiplayer seemes... limited a bit maybe? The graphics are great, the feel is great and I love having an M1 and Mauser in there for riffles which I felt was missing from RTCW (I like the slow firing riffles, more of a challenge than spraying a room with SMG fire). But RTCW has the different "classes" that add to the multiplayer experience. However for pure fighting combat I like the "feel" of MOHAA better. In RTCW it feels that you are running at 40mph compared to MOHAA, I actulay prefer a slightly more "real" run speed.

One factor that is often overlooked is the system requirements for Wolfenstien are far lower than for MOHAA. For some reason even on my rig I have to turn down some graphics in MOHAA wheras I can crank everything on Wolfie and still play on a server with 30+ people on with no loss of frames.

In all I actualy kind of prefer the multiplayer experience of Wolfenstien first and MOHAA is very close but the fact that it does choke a little (especialy on a server with 30+ folks on it) and does not have the different "classes" to play with make it a little less of a multiplayer experience. However I found the single player game of RTCW extreemely boring (DOOM anyone?) but the single player experience of MOHAA is awsome and that is where it realy shines but multiplayer feels lacking a little to me. Maybe I just havent had enough multiplayer experience with the full version of MOHAA yet. I have seen a number of cheaters out there (I shoot a guy in the back of the head 3 times at point blank range with the Mauser and he does not go down, then turns to shoot at me and in the strafe fight I nail him twice more at least, then notice others accusing the same guy of cheating... cheater!). There have been other cheaters too making the servers kind of unpleasant when people are making cheat accusations all over. What is worse, a few people cheating or the over reaction all around where people think everyone who kills them is cheating?

Well, them's my first impression. Oh and MOHAA had no vehicles at all in the multi player environment and that was something I was realy hoping for. I do like the game but it does require some heafty hardware to run it especialy online... a 1.3GHz machine + GEFORCE 2 GTS 64MbDDR system has to turn down details for it to run good, very sad. But MOH does look very good and feel a bit more authentic without trying for a lot of realism.

RTCW feels far less realistic, you run too fast and jump too high and the weapons do not perfom acurately but it can be run on less than a 700 Mhz machine nicely with a good video card and you can choose different playertypes online to make an actual team. And the single player game blows (in my opinion). No realism at all but a lot of fun.

I cancelled my DAOC account as well. It was a good game but I am in a monatarty crisis for the next 6 months due to a defaulted loan so have 0.00 in extra cash. All my online accounts are gone save for EQ, it's crazy I know but I actualy still kind of like the game for all its faults.

Last edited by Widowmaker; 01-28-2002 at 02:43 PM.
    City of Villains, the Justice server.

Electrosmasher, level 36 Electric Melee/Electric Armor Brute
    Atomstrike, Level 35 Radiation corruptor
    Crimson Razor, Level 35 Ninja blade/Ninja Reflexes Stalker
    Devia, level 26 Psionic/Psychic Blast Dominator

"Would you use your powers for Good or for Awsome?" - Strong Bad

[AK]Widowmaker

August Knights

Well, I wasn't planning on buying the game, but I saw it at the store and decided to pick it up anyway. Whether RtCW is better or not, it is 10 bucks more, which in my book is a very large deciding factor. Bring it home, open it up, start the install, everything is fine. It asks me to insert the second cd, do that, working fine, but then a little message pops up and says that it has a corrupted music file and something about a "catastrophic error." First of all, why did they have to use such a strong word...? I mean catastrophic seems a bit exaggerated. Second of all, there are no scratches on the cd at all. I can't find any reason for it to be corrupted. I am going to return it tomorrow and give it another try with a new copy, hopefully it will work then.

Funny that you say that about DAoC/EQ Wid. I regret signing up for 6 months of DAoC. I haven't played it since December and don't figure on going back. I've been dabbling with EQ again even though I canceled. It must have been charged just before canceling. There are some really good features in DAoC but I prefer the feel of EQ.

EQ players always come back. I've noticed a great resurgance in the population and there are a lot of newbies! It's so bad I had to turn off shouts; too much spam. I'm having a little fun with a Dark Elf Magician on Brell. Great pets and I conjure everything I need including 100% weight reduction bags.