Thread: Im looking for this Proggy...

Im looking for this Proggy...

According to a few of my (useless, but theres more than one so its dumber than it looks) friends there is a program that allows you to run windows 9x only programs under 2k.
    I would like a name if you know of it. or perhaps some search parameters... ive come up blank every time so far.
    My friends dad uses it but apparently hes to busy to answer a question.
    "Luck Does Not Go About In Search Of A Fool"
    - Andy Hudson in Red Rabbit by Tom Clancy.

Pill

havnt heard such a program, though depending on the program 2k is backward compatible, should run 9x programs fine (depending on what they are) oh, in my post about your dilema, the format of your machine is what i would have done first, cheaper to do that than buy new hardware, besides it helps pinpoint problems, what works for some doesnt work for others. im glad your machine is working though!

maybe get more info , dos based games or what?

R23
    take a look at the world and think...

The name of the game is Rogue Spear. Made by Red Storm Entertainment. Its a win9x game. Its a great game and lately ive been wanting to play it, withough installing 98. due to not likeing 98 even a little.
    COuple other games too, need for speed 3, and 4. Made by electronic arts. (ea.com i think).
    i was expecting some backwards compatibility...but its probably not windows 2k thats causing the problems. Red storm, although makeing a good game with excellent gameplay and the like, has shoddy programmers. Solarwolf can back that one up for sure.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Garrett, did you install the Detonator 4 drivers from NVidia? I did that on Monday, then wanted to install Rogue Spear later in the week. It now doesn't run, and I'm sure it's those new Detonator drivers, since I've run it on this very same computer with an identical setup before. I have a GeForce2, and the new drivers have given me a bit of a boost, but they've screwed up a few other things as well (had to reboot a second time to play SWAT 3; Final Fantasy VII has some messed up textures.)

Of course, if you haven't installed the new Det4's, disregard this post

Beast, Im not running on Nvida "power". so no i didnt install the det4 drivers. my problem is it wont let me install the game. so i have to take it one step at a time

Pill

was there specific errors it gave you? as in why it wouldnt install?

R23
    take a look at the world and think...