Thread: Freedom Force... the Super Hero Roleplaying game ;)

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

Shades Freedom Force... the Super Hero Roleplaying game ;)

I was just turned on to this little gem today. Too bad I have no cash or I would be buying it now.

Imagine if you will, a Baldurs Gate type role playing game but with Superhero's! And you can create your own, from what I have seen the options to create your hero are pretty rich. You can create him from the tights he (or she) wears right down to what type of visual effects (to some extent) you want the powers to take on, and a quite extensive range of powers to choose from and customize and the full range of standard RPG stats to manage.

Like I said I am broke but if anyone else tries this puppy out I would like to hear whatever impressions good or bad you have of it. There is a demo out that I played with briefly earlier but I never trust demos, the full game is usualy different in many aspects from the demo's.
    City of Villains, the Justice server.

Electrosmasher, level 36 Electric Melee/Electric Armor Brute
    Atomstrike, Level 35 Radiation corruptor
    Crimson Razor, Level 35 Ninja blade/Ninja Reflexes Stalker
    Devia, level 26 Psionic/Psychic Blast Dominator

"Would you use your powers for Good or for Awsome?" - Strong Bad

[AK]Widowmaker

I dont know what the full versino is like. but i plugged in the demo. and found it far too restricting to keep my interest.
    It certianely has some cool features, picking up cars, using trees, and such.
    too many powers arent described at all. and when i tried to customize my character i either used some scantily clad women, or some really stupid (IMO) looking guy.
    Now i know the full version will have more skins to choose from, But there seems to be nothing in the way of restrictions on making your character. no restrictions on the stats you choose. I dont quite understand the logic behind that.
    i have several friends who enjoy the game, so the full version will yet be seen.
    Ill be sure to let you know if my view changes.
    "Luck Does Not Go About In Search Of A Fool"
    - Andy Hudson in Red Rabbit by Tom Clancy.