....a Handspring Visor Deluxe. I finally convinced the office that since I'm supporting more and more Palm users, it was high time they buy me one of my own, so that I can learn the damn thing before I'm put on the spot in the field.

When I first saw Palms/Handsprings, I was a little put off by the Graffiti writing system...you write symbols with a stylus near the bottom of the unit to input text. But after having it in my possession less than 12 hours, I'm pretty comfortable with it. I still make the occasional "typo", but I think I had a harder learning curve learning to type without looking at the keyboard.

So far, I highly recommend it. It's got 8 MB of memory, which is plenty...I've put a lot of contacts, calendar dates, e-mail, and programs into it already, and I've hardly made a dent in the remaining memory. I even got (what else?) a drink guide, with instructions on some 300+ "coktails" (misspelling intentional, so the language filter doesn't kick in) and shooters. E-mail is done through an offline mode, then transferred to Outlook via a Hotsync operation, but since I tend to spend a fair amount of my workday in front in other people's offices, watching software install (yes, it is like watching paint dry ), I can now be productive during times when I previously would have been just sitting there.

So if anyone knows of any killer apps, bugs, or anything else I ought to know about, let me know!

------------------
[AK]The Beast
"Get busy livin'...or get busy dyin'." -Tim Robbins, The Shawshank Redemption

[This message has been edited by [AK]The Beast (edited 10-16-2000).]