Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [AK]Zorro: t2serverstat

[AK]Zorro: t2serverstat

Zorro,

is there any chance you can send me a copy of t2serverstat 0.6?

0.52 has some wierd bug where it if you leave it up for awhile it starts to combine old data from some cache and double it up on the same webpage...you can see the effects:

kov T2 Server

also, what's the difference between defrefresh and minrefresh...one's the default reload time and the other is the minimum...the explanation doesn't do it justice as to what the difference in. If I set the minimum higher than the default then it'll always choose the minimum, if I set the default higher it'll always choose the default...at least that's what I interpret from it and if so, why not just one number. Please help me understand...

big thanks for the time.

Soil
    soilentg@kovclan.org

------------------
    Sir SoilentG_kov
    Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding

[This message has been edited by Sir SoilentG_kov (edited 05-18-2001).]

also, i don't mean to get y'all pissed at me but when you take ideas from others' websites it'd be nice if you'd at least say thanks, since it was their creativity...i see a couple here that....well...oh, bother.

i really liked your members list, looked at the code and thought of using it, then thought "naw, the guy who programmed this spent a lot of time on it just have someone come and rip it off"...now THAT'S honor!

Soil
    soilentg@kovclan.org

Excuse me...let me step in for Zorro here.

Zorro is running a copy of the UBB. I used to work for Infopop as their Moderator of code hacking. The Memberlist that Zorro is running is in large part MY hacking efforts which were adopted by the hacking community and developed. That being said, I do NOT require Zorro to give me any credit. The memberlist is a modification that I engineered. It is FREELY DOWNLOADABLE from ubbdev.com - feel free to grab a copy for yourself.

Honor? No, stupidity.

did i get under your skin? wasn't trying to strike a nerve...

nice hacking there dude, sad that you call that stupidity...the decision was honorable considering the lack of information...you seemed to leave out any references to ubb...so, ignorance is just ignornance and not stupidity only the stupid think ignorance is stupidity.

*pops open a cold one*

ok now onto the real reason i'm here:

the t2serverstats that you guys are doing is way cool. keep up the good work and thanks for sharing it.

Soil
    soilentg@kovclan.org

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

ColorLightbulb

Soilent Green is made of people, Damnit, People!!!

[AK]Widowmaker

hehe, yep dude...and it's yummy...

looks like part of the problem with my t2serverstat was that my t2serverstat.conf was all mismatched due to the lameass "word wrap" function of the text editor I used...DOH! now that's fixed.

it still seems to pull in double information...qstat24c installed without a glitch...so I don't know enough, YES I'M IGNORANT, OK!?!?! (hehe), to speculate where the problem is.

by double information i mean it'll show the player list twice (stacked on top of each other) and the stats twice (stacked on top of each other) or even three times...will try to keep you posted.

Soil
    soilentg@kovclan.org

ok, killed process httpd-perl, restarted it, closed all my browsers...and opened a new one and as long as I don't breathe on it, it works fine. j/k...if I hit the browser refresh it causes that double, triple and quadruple stack info (as long as I keep hitting refresh)...but if I just let it do it's thing then it works fine.

so my last nagging question is:

what's the diff between default refresh and minimum refresh?...I hope it's not too obvious...cuz then maybe I'll have proved that ignorance is stupidity BIG DOH!

Soil
    soilentg@kovclan.org

"did i get under your skin?"
    - No, but I don't require you to dredge around the Internet demanding people credit others for their work, least of all, mine. Your services are not needed.

"the decision was honorable considering the lack of information..."
    - Maybe I spoke too soon, perhaps the more applicable word to have used was "Ignorance".

"you seemed to leave out any references to ubb..."
    - That's because I deplore communistic dot coms.

bah!

back to the main subject...here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about so far as the double (and triple, quadruple) instances...there's only one server and yet after awhile it refreshes to show two sets of the same info...any ideas?

I've let the browser sit there and refresh on it's own and it starts to do this after awhile...

Soil
    soilentg@kovclan.org

Good god. You don't have that on an NT server, do you?

no it's:

Linux-Mandrake 7.2
    AMD K6-2 300MHz
    128MB RAM
    qstat24c installed with no glitches per the command: make CC=gcc linux

The webpage is loading per a SSI #include virtual but I did test it out directly via http://63.229.25.143/perl/t2serverstat.pl and it still behaved the same.

if I run the httpd-perl test.pl file I get:

Date: Fri May 18 19:40:43 2001
    %ENV:
    QUERY_STRING =
    HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE = en-us
    HTTP_REFERER = http://kovclan.net-games.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard...
    REMOTE_PORT = 16157
    HTTP_USER_AGENT = Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 4.0)
    HTTP_ACCEPT = */*
    PERL_SEND_HEADER = On
    HTTP_HOST = 63.229.25.143
    GATEWAY_INTERFACE = CGI-Perl/1.1
    SCRIPT_NAME = /perl/test.pl
    SERVER_NAME = sttl.qwest.net
    HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING = gzip, deflate
    MOD_PERL = mod_perl/1.24
    SCRIPT_FILENAME = /var/www/perl/test.pl
    PATH = /sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
    SERVER_ADDR = 192.168.1.4
    SERVER_PROTOCOL = HTTP/1.1
    HTTP_CONNECTION = Keep-Alive
    SERVER_SIGNATURE =
    Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.14 Server at sttl.qwest.net Port 80

SERVER_SOFTWARE = Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.14 (Linux-Mandrake/2mdk) mod_perl/1.24
    SERVER_ADMIN = soilentg@kovclan.org
    REMOTE_ADDR = 63.229.25.143
    DOCUMENT_ROOT = /var/www/html
    REQUEST_URI = /perl/test.pl
    REQUEST_METHOD = GET
    SERVER_PORT = 80

I haven't modified the t2serverstat.pl file at all.

that's about all i can think of..

Soil
    soilentg@kovclan.org

ColorLightbulb

Okay...Couple of things...

1. 0.6 won't EVER be released, because I'm going to be rolling out tribesserverstat 1.0 in the VERY near future (probably early next week).

2. Never seen that particular bug. It certainly doesn't show up in the 1.0 version, but I can't think of anything I changed that would have affected this kind of stuff. Maybe the META expire tags in the pages prevents that from happening... I dunno... (punt)

3. The defrefresh is the refresh rate that the page reloads at by default. If, however, you specify a &refresh= tag in the URL, the minrefresh is the floor on how low you can set that tag. One caveat, though, is that any version prior to 1.0 that refresh thing is broken , so don't expect it to actually work as I just described until 1.0 releases...

4. I wonder if you mean the member list on the main web site... Palooka developed all that stuff, so I have no idea if he borrowed anything there. You'd have to ask him...

There you go... hope that clears some stuff up for you. I'll be sure to document the URL stuff better in the 1.0 release docs...

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    <a href="http://www.augustknights.com" target="_blank">AugustKnights.com</a> WizOp

thanks and yes the min, def refresh makes sense now.

so far as the doubling problem I'm wondering if it has to do with my perl install since i'm very new to this stuff and basically did the default apache (httpd-perl) install and only added the mod_include.c and mod_cgi.c so that they would work.

i'll hope that it goes smooth sailing for you in getting it completed.

Soil
    soilentg@kovclan.org

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I didn't borrow anything in the creation of the site. I designed the member's page like I designed all the rest, in Photoshop and Dreamweaver.

------------------
    [AK]Palooka
    August Knights Chief of Staff
    AK Webmaster

back to the main subject:

I have access to a WinNT web server and ran t2serverstat 0.52 on that and it worked fine. It didn't display the same doubling,etc. problems I have on my Linux install so the problem exists on my side.

Soil
    soilentg@kovclan.org