Thread: Chest Pains!

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

ColorLightbulb Chest Pains!

Yep, I have chest pains. Just got back from the doc because I have been having sometimes severe pain in the chest for the last 3 weeks. He interviewed me and checked all my vital stats and came to the diagnosis that I have a condition called Castrochondridis (do not grade me on spelling).

This condition is nothing more than inflamed tissue around where the rib connects to the breastbone. Started happening when I got sick before Mothers day, he said this is typical that the tissue became inflamed due to the viral infection I had. I showed no other signs of heart attack, blood pressure fine, no sweating, no shortness of breath etc... Just some realy anoying and sometimes severe pain.

This is limiting my computer time at home since I can only sit in front of my computer for a relatively short amount of time before the pain realy get to me (also makes work more unpleasant). He says that this is realy not any more serious than a sprained ankle but more painful and could take some time to heal since it involves catillage damage. Got some anti-inflamitories that should help the pain and just give it time and try not to damage it any more.

I can not say I was not worried about my heart (probably should have seen the doctor as soon as the pain started) as I am a smoker over 30 and over weight. So this was a bit of a scare for me.

The big factor in his diagnosis is that heart pain is usualy not sensitive to touch and my chest pain is very sensitive to touch. Emergency over for me

peace,
    [AK]Widowmaker

Whew... Id have been a little scared on that one too Widow, glad to hear youre ok. Take it easy, well keep a Shrike standing by with your name on it.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

Good to hear that it's nothing serious, Wid. Hope you start feeling better in no time.

------------------
    [AK]Palooka
    August Knights Chief of Staff
    AK Webmaster

Of all the possible scenarios with those symptoms, this sounds like one of the better outcomes.Really glad it isn't more serious. Hopefully you'll be comfy very very soon.

(You know, this could be from pulling all those high-g maneuvers )

Do take care.