Thread: OMG WW2Online is INFURIATING!

Red face OMG WW2Online is INFURIATING!

I haven't been able to play more than 5 minutes yet... Every time I start to get doing things, my vehicle stops responding to controls or the game crashes to desktop. Heck, it took me hours just to figure out how to launch the friggin thing. And people were complaining about Tribes2... pulease... All-in-all I am NOT happy with this particular purchase...

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    <a href="http://www.augustknights.com" target="_blank">AugustKnights.com</a> WizOp

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I'm loving it, especially since the patch came out today. I just got done playing a LONG session. Let's see . . . I took out a Spitfire and killed two 109s and a Stuka, then I hopped in a Char and killed six or seven Panzers, as well as at least half a dozen infantry. It was fun!

------------------
    [AK]Palooka
    August Knights Chief of Staff
    AK Webmaster

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

ColorLightbulb

Would you happen to be running it on Win2k? I have read there are many crashing issues with that OS.

[AK]Wid'

I played online last night for the first time and I can see why this game excites people and I can also see why it can be so frustrating. There are lots of little things that drove me crazy. I was able to play for about 2 hours straight without any issues.

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

ColorLightbulb

There are a lot of bugs, yes. I have been having a blast with the game when I get a chance to play. One thing to remember is not to try to use the game in 32bit color. There are issues with that as well, stick to 16 bit. There are also a ton of bugs like getting stuck in the terain for no reason and sometimes I have seen where the corpse of a tank that had disapeard is still there as far as collision detection. Made it impossible to take one city as a tank flipped on the bridge and the collision detection stayed there not allowing anyone to cross.

The key to make the game more fun to me was to get in the mindset of TAKING TERRITORY! Right now most people jump into tanks as that is the way they can get kills but I have been seeing more of us infantry out there. Getting all the kills in the world will make no difference (enemy just respawns) unless you have troopers in the town to take buildings. Same with defense, being a tank on defense is all fine and good till some stealthy german takes your command bunker and you have no troopers around to take it back. Finaly people are getting the idea and I have been seeing a lot more troopers on both sides. Also the best anti-trooper unit is another trooper. Tanks are starting to be used for support of troopers now as people get the hang of things, kills mean little, it is all about territory. Troopers may not be able to kill tanks (as it should be) but so what? I have killed dozens of german troops with my trusty riffle, clearing out towns with squads of trooers is a blast. The fear factor alone of seeing a german tank roll by while I am cowering in a building ready to pick off the troopers behind it is grand.

Too many times have I seen mass amounts of "Kill Hogs" in their tanks run out thinking they are accomplishing something only to have their towns taken from under them by a few troops. Lately I have been in the back of trucks (and even driven trucks) with 8+ troopers in the back and seeing more daily. That is the way to play, tanks support the troops who are vunerable to enemy tanks but excell at getting the german infantry infestation out of towns. Alone as a trooper is frustrating, do not even attempt it. Spawn as inf and wait for others to show up and get a ride, do not try to hoof it alone as you will acomplish zip.

If you play the game try infantry out. Map your right mouse button to BOTH raise and aim your weapon to make that easier, run full speed from cover to cover dropping to your belly and catch your breath for the next run. Try to stay hidden because if you are spotted you are dead. Always enter a town with others, if the rest of your troops are wasted then hunker down and wait for reinforcements because if you take a building they will see your flag and know you are around and hunt you down. My most fun sessions are as inf or in a plane, there are enough tank drivers out there already. Oh, infantry as far as I can tell are the best for taking out AT guns. Our tankers were complaining about not being able to get into a town because of german 88's out there wasting the tanks. Me and a few infantry went out, flanked the guns, moved in and killed the crews with riffles and SMG's where tanks were getting picked off. I have done strafing runs on the 88's as well and think I have taken out a few of them. Leave the tank busting to the tanks and AT guns, the rest of the game is all about infantry (tanks are support for infantry).

peace,
    [AK]Widowmaker