Thread: Stupid engineer tricks...

Stupid engineer tricks...

Hi everybody:

First of all, I had a good time at the informal practice with you all tonight. I started to get pretty comfortable w/ Teamspeak and got better and better with it.

Now, my stupid engineer trick of the day:

Was playing an Iwo Jima map w/ 0% FF. Just for kicks I came up with a move I call "The Suribachi DetPack Slide." I took an engineer kit and landing craft and put down on the steep backside of Suribachi. I found that if you drop all four DetPacks at the base of the mountain and blow them just behind you as you run up the hill, they'll blast you all the way to the top! Once at the top, everyone was either running AAA or defending the "correct" side of the hill. I did an easy headshot on a AAA guy, stole his assault kit and started wreaking havoc. I captured their last flag and ended the game.

Anyway, I figure you could take a landing craft and a squad of six guys and blast them all to the top at once from the bsckside. The Japs would never know what hit 'em...

See you all Monday.

Hasta,
    "Prison Bitch"

Sorry to respond to my own post, but I was having so much fun that I just HAD to try out DetPack jumping at Omaha Beach on some newbies...

Got the jump on everybody at the start and captured the first flag and grabbed the jeep.

I found that three DetPacks at the base of the first hill will drop you almost perfectly at that hole behind the flag. From there I hung a right and got more charges at the bunker after clearing it out with my remaining DetPack.

Went behind the water tower and set all four packs and it blew me just high enough to parachute onto the roof of the bunker next to the flag. There's a lip around the roof so you're completely invisible when prone.

I captured all three flags singlehandedly and ended the game in something like three minutes... they never knew what hit 'em. I was almost ashamed of myself. (not really...)

I think when the whole world finds out about how effective engineer jumping can be, the days of 0% FF will be gone, which is fine by me.

Tremendous fun.

Hasta,
    "Prison Bitch"

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    ROFL...keep looking for tricks like these... great stuff. We'll be making use of your 1337 engineer skills in matches in the near future ...
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.