Thread: Im on safe mode :(

El Sancho Panza

Im on safe mode :(

i just bought an audigy 2 platinum sound card, i always have trouble with my video card but is something about a kinda cheap ($30-$40) case and motherboard combo, when i start the computer it goes in the the bios screen and the initial boot of window, but as soon is the Windows XP logo shows, and starts to load things, the computer goes in to "power save" move, like when you dont have signal. it goes in to windows thats for sure, i was able to log on and shut down the computer with out a screen but i cant make it work.

i already have driver version 40.72 and i dont have sp1 for xp. whats can i do?

(thats anohter story) well when i try to access the EAX feature the computer freezes,

Try moving your soundcard to a different slot.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

El Sancho Panza
    been here a few hours, the video card issue (not booting and stuff) is gone, i had to "remove manually the L shape thing in the back of the card so it now sits all the way in but with nothing to hold it on to the case.

now the Audigy card issues, as soon as it loads everything it freezes, as soon as i hit the EAX Button it freezes, is going to be a hassle to get my money back or at least change it, but if thats the final option then i will try.

i already have the latest drivers to EVERYTHING, thanks to bf1942, there are no new internet drivers being a brand spanking new card by creative.

im lost thanks to this, i now know that if i play bf1942 in MAX Settings, or in the LOWEST settings possible, i still get 15 to 20 fps on average. with no sound card at all same thing. so is something else.

what could the freezing be? i wanted to try something new for this monday but i guess everything will be the same.

Next buy for my project computer is a MoBo and either 1066 RDRAM or 333 DDR Ram.

El Sancho Panza
    i used the card for a few minutes with out the GeForce 3 Ti 200 Installed and it work fine, UNTIL i run the EAX settings and then it freeze up. i e-mail technical support from Creative. but on a sunday at 12:00 AM PT i dont think is going to be a question of minutes....

El Sancho Panza
    i love replying to my self, everything is working now, BUT i took out the "platinum" the sound card by it self right now is working, but i dont have plugged in the front panel, i have to wait and see from the Pros at creative.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Both Stitch and Gunny have had great success just using the on-board digital audio on the mobo's they bought last week. I'll probably start off doing the same and only buy a sound card if the on-board aint cutting the mustard.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

El Sancho Panza
    it did work fine the onboard sound card, but i'm trying to take off all the extra work that my cpu has to do because it stays at 100% util. everytime i run bf1942. yesterday i made it run, and put hardware sound enabled in the main menu, and let me tell you, it sounds GREAT, but still the util is at 100%, i still get 15 - 20 fps with everything on OR with everything off, so is something else...

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    Hey there, currently what I have issued with on the XP side of the house with a Audigy sound card is this. The stock drivers that come with the card are pretty much junk in XP, both Pro and Home edition. You have to download the update from creative's site. Your best bet is to install the drivers off the cd, then turn around and do the update after your first reboot.
    then dumb down the settings as best as possible, don't have the creative cd icon running or the stoopid menu's. They just drag the system down.
    Before I spout out too much tech garble what computer parts do you have? A detailed list might help me out a bit.
    tks!

El Sancho Panza
    Here is my PC as off today,about the sound card is an audigy 2 platinum, there are NO new drivers in the creative site.

P IV 1.6 Ghz
    512 Mb PC133
    Chipset SIS 650 Sis Mobo
    3Com Ethernet Adapter (Going to a HUB for sharing stuff)
    LinkSys Ethernet Card
    (Both 10/100 TX)
    Netgear Hub
    AOpen Gforce 3 Ti 200
    19" Mag View
    300 Watts PS
    40 Gb HDD
    TDK CD-RW

right now i disabled everything i dont need on the MoBo ( I WANT 30+ FPS DAMN IT!!!) i disabled serials, parallels, video, sound, lan.

and i ate fish tacos for breakfast..... ok ok ok i know to much information by now.

everything is legit i have payed my duties to the software gods, everything except Windows XP, i cant upgrade to SP1 because my copy isnt exactly OEM ... i can download the 100+ Mb patch but i dont want to waste 3 hours of my time and not be able to install it.

There are ways to work around the legitimacy issues with XP... If you can follow directions, you can get through it... ICQ me or email me and I'll send you the information that direction... I would suspect that your issues have to do with SP1 not being installed since it fixed a number of sound-related problems.
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand