Thread: Scrimmages

War Whore on Tour

ColorLightbulb Scrimmages

I tried to post this in 12v12 but it wouldn't let me so I'm trying here:

I'm not sure if anyone saw me make a post in the Doolittle thread (I think that's the correct one) about setting up a scrimmage with [GSI]. I think scrimmages should be held a little more often because it offers us (12v12 & 8v8) a chance to practice our strats while on the same team. Practices are nice but sometimes we don't have the correct teams then. If anyone is interested in setting up scrimmages with them or another clan post here. This would give us more opportunities to get used to how each other thinks during gametime and allows us to 'read' what the others are doing (like a quarterback knows how to read his receivers when they change routes). Practicing against a team that isn't as good also allows us a better chance of making sure everyone knows where they're going without fear of being fragged before they get a chance to do their assigned duties. Bring your suggestions and comments forward!

Show no fear, show no pain, show no mercy.
    My crappy website

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    All scrims should be coordinated through Squidly. If you know of another team looking to scrim please forward any pertinent info to the Squid.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    What he said. I will set up scrimmages as soon as I see when and what maps we'll be playing.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

We have enjoyed scrimming with you guys in the past, and would look forward to working with you in the future to get better.

Right now we are going through a major restructuring, we have found we can't field 12 guys consistently on the 12-man league and ladders, and as such are going to drop those and join the TWL 8-man ladder. We do have 8 guys who are serious about playing and improving ourselves, and so we would welcome any 8-man scrims you guys would like to have with us.

Let me know, we would prefer to have 4-5 days in advance so we can prepare a little so we have a chance to figure out what worked, what didn't after the scrim. Mondays and Wednesdays are currently the best days for us, but we can work with whatever you need. Until we start challenging up on the 8-man (probably in a week or two), any map would be fine, since we can use practice on any of them.

-Sterben[HOR]

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

It's kind of tough for us right now, Sterben... we've lost our server, so we don't have a place to call our "home"... We're working through the issue but we have no time frame just yet.

Well, just let me know. Like I said, we are regrouping ourselves as it is.

We have our own server, [HOR] House, which is up weekdays from ~6 PM EST - 10 AM EST and all weekend long. It is non-public (ie passworded), but if you guys would like to use it for practices/scrims/matches, let me know and unless we are using it (usually Tues and Thurs nights) we'd be happy to share it with you as you need. Catch me on ICQ if you would like the PW.

Sterben[HOR]

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

Thanks for the offer! I'll let you know if we need it.

I'll try to stop by and shoot you this weekend.