Thread: Heads Up: May have to bow out of 20 Inch Dong Match...

Heads Up: May have to bow out of 20 Inch Dong Match...

It was planned that my DSL service would be switched over to my new provider on the 16th. Well, I lost connectivity early this morning. I called my new provider and they said the switch would occur end of business today, the 15th.

Since it seems that Murphy's Law was written for things like this, there is a good possibility that I may not make the match. I am pinging their server in the 140-180 MS range, but it spikes up to as high as 800-1200 MS every 25th ping or so. Im averaging out to 230 MS.

The moment I get connectivity, I will post an update to this thread. I'll pub around a bit to see if I can play this game via dial-up.

G

I'm out as well...

Symphony and dinner with parents...

my ping was average 230 anyway, so I may have not been effective

GO AK!

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I assume you're going to see Lang Lang play the Rach 2 under MTT's baton. That ought to be a good concert. What I miss most about living in or near a big city are the decent orchestras that usually come with them. The Reno Philharmonic is like a bad youth orchestra compared to the San Francisco Symphony.

That is what I saw...

Lang Lang was great... he's only 20 so he had that youthful exhuberance/ cockiness to his playing style.... you could tell he was out to prove something.... he even played too fast a few times because he was out to kill the piece... he was totally on fire....