Thread: Counterstrike 1.0, well done on-line squad based game!

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

ColorLightbulb Counterstrike 1.0, well done on-line squad based game!

It is actualy the best "Mod" I have ever seen for a FPS. Very intense, very exciting, and pretty darn realistic. Squad based assaults, one shot kills (in the head), one life, real weapons, nice environments, and being a Rambo will only ensure that you watch the game from observer mode a lot. The game has a good ballance of action and strategy and most matches don't last longer than 2 or 3 min so even if you bite it imediately (like me) you don't have to wait too long to get back in.

Not to mention the game is challenging to play, far more than your standard deathmatch shooter. It merges the squad based realism of Rainbow 6 and SWAT 3 with the action of Half-Life. This game is not for action-aholics though as you do have only one life so when you are dead you are out of the game till the next round. All in all a kick ass mod.

I spent all day sunday playing Counterstrike, I have to play this game some more it is just too cool (if I can be pried away from Everquest).

Oh, and if you are on line with this game I have been playing under an alias just to mask how incredibly poor I am at it now

peace,
    [AK]Widowmaker

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I just got this game, and I agree with everything Wid has said. I'll be playing this until Tribes 2 comes out, at a bare minimum. Oh, and if you look for me, I'm [AK]The_Beast. I wear my suckitude like a badge on my sleeve!

------------------
    [AK]The Beast
    "Get busy livin'...or get busy dyin'." -Tim Robbins, The Shawshank Redemption

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

I've been playing Half-Life Counterstrike for months, and I have to agree that it is the best realistic squad combat game I have seen. The 1.0 release fine-tuned a large number of things, and includes a new .308 Sig sniper rifle, an H&K UMP-45 submachine gun and much more realistic player models.

I usually play on Zeke's CS 7.1 or something like that ... also AustinPartyGirls.com server and anything else that's at the top of my low ping list.

ICQ me anytime to get a match together.

[AK]Abaddon

------------------
    "An armed society is a polite society" - R.A. Heinlein

Arrow

Oh, yeah, baby! Been playing this one like it's going out of style! With my brief interruption in employment, I've had a lot of time to hang out and play during the daytime. I'm getting to where I'm not half-bad, but I still pretty much suck... Anyway, we should try it together sometime...with some voice-coms or something...

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    <a href="http://www.augustknights.com" target="_blank">AugustKnights.com</a> WizOp

ColorLightbulb

Excellent, I will keep an eye out for you guys. I have just been jumping on to whatever server has a few people playing and a low ping, no idea what servers they were or who the callsigns of the people I have been playing with. Played it again last night for a couple hours and loved it even more. Mostly I have been trying to get used to the game itself, learning what I am looking at sort of thing. I have been getting the hang of weapons to some extent, at least on the Counter Terrorist side, and trying to learn the maps a bit better.

I was the VIP in a couple "Protect the VIP" games last night and we did OK except that I have NO idea where I am supposed to go. This is the problem with being new to the game and not knowing the maps at all. But proptect the VIP was an awsome little game.

Now that I have been getting more used to the controls and maps I need to figgure out how to chat with other players. I don't even know what key to press to talk

See ya online sometime.

peace,
    [AK]Widowmaker

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

It's about time you guys discovered this mod. I've been playing it off and on since we were still playing Tribes regularly over a year ago! This mod has just gotten better and better. The newest version can scarcely be compared to the original.

I guess I'd better install Half-Life again and join you guys.

ColorLightbulb

Ok, I must say I have fallen in love with this game. Soon I shall be changing my game name from "Hopelesscase" to "[AK]Widowmaker" simply because I no longer suck as much as I used to

Now we need to meet up on-line. What servers do you guys like? I don't have any particular favorites but I have only been playing this for a couple days now. If we can settle on a two or three or even more servers that we frequent we would have more chance to find eachother (since there is no way for the Half-Life engine to search for a particular player on-line). I noticed Zorro on-line yesterday when I was home because my car was getting work done on it but he was gone before I could change my handle

Just so's you know, if you see Hopelesscase on-line chances are that is me.

peace,
    [AK]Widowmaker