Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Processor for sell

Post Processor for sell

I have one AMD 700Mhz processor for sell...installed once, never used. Make me an offer.

[AK]NeverRetreat

HearYe

This is not your Duron!? Is it!? Don't tell me you're giving up on your upgrade...

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    <a href="http://www.augustknights.com" target="_blank">AugustKnights.com</a> WizOp

ColorLightbulb

heh...no Zorro. AMD is cutting prices mid-October and well, I'm leaning towards higher end that cost less $$$$. Besides Fax and Goob just got 800's

[AK]NeverRetreat

August Knights

Yah... My abit kt7-raid and 800- (running at 950) kick much arse.

My slider in 3dmark stay at 99...In fact I am runninc crimson in 2x2 antialising at 800x600. It is beautifull. the AI make a hell of a difference.

RedDot

Really? I looked at the FSAA with my GF2, and it seemed just blurry to me... The worst part for me was that I couldn't read any text...this is especially problematic when you're looking at screens that aren't rendered 3D, but simply menus and setup screens...

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    <a href="http://www.augustknights.com" target="_blank">AugustKnights.com</a> WizOp

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar

HearYe

Hey NR, I'm told that you can clock that Duron up to 1Ghz with no sacrifice in stability. The one writer for 3dhardware.net is running one right now. I can probably find out more about it if you change your mind and decide to keep it.

August Knights

BlueRightArror

What drivers are you using Zorro? I have the 6.27 Det drivers. Once all the textures load it plays pretty smooth and the video is bright and clear. I will see if I can snap a screen shot and send it to ya.

[AK]Goob

August Knights

Steak

Hey Fax,

Can you find out what kind of luck they have had with the Abit KT7 and an 800 t-bird. So far the max I have been able to get is 950 stable,with an 8.5 multiplier and 110fsb (actually it is 935 but the system sees it as 950)

Any other settings seems to cause a registry error and kills the win98 load. I am just looking for different settings and combos with the voltage settings.

Thanks

[AK]Goob

ColorUnhappy

Sounds good...I'm currently running 6.18 since it's the only release to come from nVidia that wasn't "leaked". Additionally, I've noticed no big increase in performance for the later versions of the driver vs. 6.18.

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer

Gooby:

Increasing your Vcore setting will increase stability in the overclock. Most boards support a max of 1.85V, but they found away to get around it over at Tom's on the Asus A7V. I'm sure they'll come up with similar mods for the Abit boards...

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar

Question

I'll find out what I can about the Duron/T-bird overclocking issue and post it here expeditiously. I was wondering the same thing about my 800mhz T-bird vs Duron and the overclock issue.

ColorLightbulb

I know that my 700 can go to 950 but hadn't seen article Zorro mentioned over at Tom's to get around the 1.85v thingy.

This question is for all you guys who have overclocked. What equipment are you using or used to see those tiny little contacts?

Us guys 40 and over we're tiny little contacts challenge.

[AK]NeverRetreat

August Knights

Hamburger

Hey NR... They arnt that small...heh

I had to do the pencil thing 4 times before it finally took. The last time I rubed the pencil on a piece of paper while rolling it in my fingers to get a fine point at the end. Getting it under a strong light source helps a bunch...I have a pretty good desk lamp. I applied a pretty good bit of pressure the last time too ( I was pissed I had to keep taking the damn thing out).

Also... for those who have monitoring software for there motherboards what is the norm operating temp and what is the temp immediatley after doing some extended gaming? Mine runs about 30 degres cel normal and about 52 degrees cel after gaming. I think the 52 is a tad hot, but I cant get it any cooler.

[AK]Goob

August Knights

Arrow

Hey Zorro,

I thought that the MAX was 1.85....people are going higher? I have mine set at 1.8 and I am afraid to go any higher. I am going to check My bios in a sec and see how high it goes. I remember seeing a 2 in there somewhere.

[AK]Goob

Thumbs up

Hmmm...anything above 50C is a bit on the warm side...what kind of heat sink are you using? Also, what kind of case? If you really wanted to play it safe, I would recommend a Tornado case from 3DCool.com. Keeps fresh air coming in, blowing right onto your CPU...

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer