Thread: Looking

RedDot Looking

I'm looking to purchase a wacom tablet. I have little information on them to determine what decides good,better,best. Any suggestions?

[AK]NeverRetreat

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Wow...first post in the software tech support forum, and you've stumped me! In my line of work, I don't see many graphics tablets....ummmm....maybe this question belongs in the hardware forum?

Wacom tablets look quite good from what I can see, as long as you're content to use the software bundle that comes with them. That's true of a lot of hardware, in my experience. It works great with the software that ships with it. Some third-party software works OK, but in other cases, you're on your own.

I'd give this tablet a cautious thumbs up, based on their website. Do some homework before you buy...make a couple phone calls, and/or send a couple e-mails. Find out what software they'll support, and especially guarantee will work with the tablet. You don't want to buy the hardware, only to find out the company will only support you if you use Bob's PhotoShack 1.0.

Caveat Emptor!

------------------
    [AK]The Beast
    "Get busy livin'...or get busy dyin'." -Tim Robbins, The Shawshank Redemption