Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 1942 practice tonight

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Battlefield 1942 practice tonight

Hello everyone,

The August Knights are gearing up to rejoin the ladders for BF1942 Secret Weapons competition. Our first practice will be tonight at 8:30 Eastern time on the AK BF1942:SW server. We will be using Ventrilo on server IP 128.175.22.250. The password for both servers will be "hellfire" (without the quotes). All are welcome. Hope to see everyone there!

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar
    That was a fun practice. It's good to be playing again. I've managed to bandage my PC back into semi-working condition, so hopefully, I won't have any downtime between now and my upgrade. By the way, I think Ventrilo has a new version out.

So when is next practice? Maybe a scheduled weekly practice is in order at a time thats convenient for most?

Beast, are you going to be heading up this effort on the ladder?

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    How about getting everyone to get onto Ventrillo. It's sort of lame to see 2 or 3 AK guys playing but not in the voice thing. It's easier to practice and do things like that. Or maybe it's a pipe dream. I remember last year about this time, there would be up to 16 guys on TS when we played. Now if we get 4 or 5, it's alot. Comon guys!!! Let's chat!!!

Well Stitch maybe if you included instructions on how to mute you we might get a better response.

Seriously though I do agree, people need to get on voice comms.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

There's a new version of Ventrilo out.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Is there a compelling reason to upgrade? The current version works just fine, IMO.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

I'd love to join in your practice tonite, I actually filled out the entry form but have not yet received a response that was a couple weeks ago now. I am unfamilar with Ventrilo so I'll go read up on it now. If its ok with you guys i'll join in tonight ?

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

I'm not sure that we're practicing tonite, but by all means get Ventrilo and start using it.

Whenever one or more of us are playing, we use it. It's a big help in getting coordinated, on the same server at the same time, etc.

I expect you'll see several [AK] on at some point tonite.
    The sun has fallen down

oops, I don't know what I read to make me think you were practicing tonight . I've been playing alot of DC lately but will drop by for some SW tonight. Do you just point Ventrilo at your server ip ?

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

Yep
    The sun has fallen down

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Originally posted by [AK?]Armada
    So when is next practice? Maybe a scheduled weekly practice is in order at a time thats convenient for most?

Beast, are you going to be heading up this effort on the ladder?
    Yep, I'm heading up the effort beginning with looking for a ladder that's actually playing Secret Weapons. So far, it looks like squadgames.com will be the best bet.

In the interest of keeping Thursday nights free for AKers who just want to pub, not practice with the ladder team, we've decided by "vocal majority" over in our private forum to practice Wednesday nights. I'd like to get started around 8:30 Eastern and wrap up by 10:00--I know that's a little earlier than we usually start, so it's no problem to be late. If Wednesdays don't work for a good number of folks, we'll pick another one.

Thus, the next practice will be Wednesday, 10/8 at 8:30 PM on the regular AK server. If we can't get the regular AK server running in password-protected mode, we will practice on my server, IP 128.175.22.250/password hellfire. (Note that this server only runs on an "as-needed" basis for practices and matches.) Maps will be Telemark Research Base and Mimoyecques (if time permits). Knights/Squires, I hope to have a map/plan posted in URR before Wednesday night, but it's simple enough to run through verbally if I don't get the chance.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I should be home for the practice on Wednesday (I'll be arriving back in Reno sometime mid-afternoon), so the server will be password-protected and ready to go.

Wednesday? Ouch - ok, well I wont get home until 9:20 or so. Mon and Weds are tough.

BTW - if Im not on the final roster for the ladder, you can use me as an backup player. If you can post the plans on the web here or elsewhere, that would be good.

One last thing, is the reg pub server up? As of tonight, 2000 hrs EST, I can't log in as it says "Failed Server Connect".

Ill be on Ventrilo tonight pubbing around the net.

Originally posted by [AK]The Beast
    Yep, I'm heading up the effort beginning with looking for a ladder that's actually playing Secret Weapons. So far, it looks like squadgames.com will be the best bet.

In the interest of keeping Thursday nights free for AKers who just want to pub, not practice with the ladder team, we've decided by "vocal majority" over in our private forum to practice Wednesday nights. I'd like to get started around 8:30 Eastern and wrap up by 10:00--I know that's a little earlier than we usually start, so it's no problem to be late. If Wednesdays don't work for a good number of folks, we'll pick another one.

Thus, the next practice will be Wednesday, 10/8 at 8:30 PM on the regular AK server. If we can't get the regular AK server running in password-protected mode, we will practice on my server, IP 128.175.22.250/password hellfire. (Note that this server only runs on an "as-needed" basis for practices and matches.) Maps will be Telemark Research Base and Mimoyecques (if time permits). Knights/Squires, I hope to have a map/plan posted in URR before Wednesday night, but it's simple enough to run through verbally if I don't get the chance.
    Last edited by Armada; 10-07-2003 at 12:51 AM.

Sorry I missed practice last night. My computer is on the fritz again. I'll be active again once I get the new system together, so don't chalk my inactivity up to non-interest.
    On the subject of the Ventrilo upgrade, there are no glaring differences, but I thought I'd make it known.