Thread: Free 30 day Full verson trial of Planetside

Free 30 day Full verson trial of Planetside

Gamespot and Windows XP (apprently you NEED windows XP for this offer) are giving away planet side and a free 30 day subscriptions.

Its the full verson of the game, I'm downloading it right now at about 300kb/s and its telling me its going to take 22 hours. I always wanted to give this game a shot, but the monthly fee turned me off.
    Oh and you still have to give out your credit card number when you install so they can charge you if you forget to cancel after 30 days.....but atleast you don't have to pay the 50 bucks or whatever it is for the game itself.

It also looks like you can get a free 30 days if you've bought the game. When you enter your email they send you cd key to use for the trial. It would be worth a try if u want a free month.

Anyway, heres the link for anyone intrested.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/mis...ide/index.html

yeah, um, fileplanet has been doing this for a long ass time.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    The game is definately worth trying. It had me hooked for about 3 months. Technical glitches and monotony started to wear on me (as well as the monthly fee). Fun while it lasted though.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    It was a nice game...definitely worth playing for awhile.

However there is on goal. Nothing lasting is accomplished, and the limit on advancement removes the only other reason for maintaining an account.

It might be worth revisiting in a year or two if it's still around, and they
    keep adding content.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

File Planet is only for 7 days...

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    On an interesting note - outfit base ownership looks like it's going to happen.

That's the sort of thing that COULD draw me back in. It would take more than just that, but it's a step in the right direction.

Upcoming Planetside Changes
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

here's a quick tip: save yourself from downloading on gamespot's crappy activex downloader - as soon as you enter your email address, gspot will send an email with the planetside registration key. just go download the planetside demo from fileplanet and use the same key - it will work.

i absolutely despise the inability to use my preferred downloading application, getright, or even internet explorer's built-in downloader.

August Knights

Do you need a fileplanet subscription to use a download manager? Because I try to use GetRight and Download Accelerator and all I get is an error. All I can use in Internet Explorer and that tends to time out and doesnt support resume, so I get 900mb downloaded and then I get to start over. Any way to get GetRight to work with Fileplanet?
    Jackle

disable the click monitor protection until you are allowed to download the file. renable the monitoring. by default, getright ignores fileplanet links; holding ctrl+alt while clicking the link will make getright handle the download.

while getright says you can resume on fileplanet (no indication of "non-resumable" in the window), you really can't unless you want to wait in line again.

good luck.

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

I'm still playing LOL. Lastest patch merged afew planets together and changed the Cert system. Now weapons are grouped so Maxes include all max types and air assualt include the air assualt planes. Anyway I think I will stick to it for another couple of months. I also toying with joining WWIIOL>>>