Thread: Tribes 2 Movie and screens...

Computer Tribes 2 Movie and screens...

http://www.dailyradar.com/features/g...ge_1877_1.html

This game is lookin good

------------------
    "Does not enable user to fly"
    - Warning on Batman cape

RightTurn

After watching the movie I noticed a few features that I would like to point out.
    I really like the fact that the fast flying airships give off smoke trails from there engines you can actually see them now! I never saw that in any of the screens.
    The explosions are rich and sort of lifelike
    The jet bikes don't exactly turn on a dime they sort of keep going the same direction until you can get enough momentum to push your self the other way...very nice.
    The blaster shots seem to ricochet off the walls inside buildings witch could make things interesting...
    If you can fly close enough to the ground you can kick up some dust. Its hard to say how deep the water is gong to be, there was a platform in the water with a guy standing in it, about waist high.

There was one thing that sort of bothered me and it seems to be in every new game, the movie was mostly on snow terrain and when the mobile base or other land vehicles moved around kicked up a brown DUST. When’s the last time you kicked up dust in the winter?

Overall...I think this is going to sell more then Quake...

------------------
    "Does not enable user to fly"
    - Warning on Batman cape

I just ordered a new computer today, latest and greatest sorta thing... Can't wait to play. Looking forward to knocking the cobb webs off the GFH. Hopefully I'll have time to do a site re-design with some decent content. Busy with a Humane Society website right now (pawsonline.org). Also looking forward to making the soundpack, WraithPackII

Regards,
    The Wraith

I was not selected...boohoo...I got my rejection note yesterday...

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    <a href="http://www.augustknights.com" target="_blank">AugustKnights.com</a> WizOp

On a happier note - received notice that my Micron ships on Dec 6th, whoohoo!

1.2 Ghz AMD babbee...

RedDot

Zorro...did you submit for being a beta linux server on T2?

they just announce that 100 lucky ppl are receiving emails today on their selection.

[AK]NeverRetreat

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I can't wait for this game. I'm jonesing for my Tribes fix. On the downside...the motherboard for the new system I'm building doesn't seem to want to work.

Now I'll just have to go buy that gigahertz Athlon I've had my eye on...shoot!

------------------
    [AK]The Beast
    "Get busy livin'...or get busy dyin'." -Tim Robbins, The Shawshank Redemption

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar

Lightbulb

It'll be good to be Tribin' again...and this time the mortars are said to whistle as they fall. Can't wait to see a new Wraithpack, either. Should be fun!

SlAuGhTeR

Help

T2 will be awesome. Can't wait till it comes so i can show all of you how far my skills have come since T1. Of course some of you already know how good i'm getting.
    I think i could take goob in a duel now. See you all in Tribes 2.

------------------
    SlAuGhTeR
    slaughter@wolfteam.com
    SlAuGhTeR [aYg]
    'The slaughter fest has begun, punk.'

August Knights

ColorLightbulb

Hey Slaught you had some good shots in there but once I warmed up, I was owning the place.

We need to get the old gang back on the server for some warmups to when T2 comes out.

Heart

Hey fellas... saw the T2 stuff and I had to stop and say hey. Due to my crappy connection (still 56K) I uninstalled Tribes and resorted to other games, but I should be making a comeback in T2 laser rifle and all I hope you guys are having a great Christmas season, judging by the systems I know some of you are. Maybe Slaughter's getting good enough to dodge those headshots... we'll see

SlAuGhTeR

Yes, a get together in T2 is in order. I'm getting good... nit as good as some, but I will say i'm trying to follow in the footsteps of Jcony. With the help of some other people... and with broadband coming.... i think that i'll be better than JC someday. I'm perfecting my MA's too

------------------
    SlAuGhTeR
    slaughter@wolfteam.com
    SlAuGhTeR [aYg]

ColorLightbulb

Alright I'll say it...You have improve a ton!!! Especially now that you know how to ski...haha

Goob...was most good to see you cappin tonight. OGL has been fun these past couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to dueling you two guys anytime.

[AK]NeverRetreat

SlAuGhTeR

You should've seen me the night we opened up the duel server... I kept dueling Nitrous and Ma'ing him left and right, it was awesome.. I think it blew his mind..
    Yeah... but who taught me how to ski there big guy?

------------------
    SlAuGhTeR
    slaughter@wolfteam.com
    SlAuGhTeR [aYg]

RedDot

Dude! Where're you guys Tribin'? Gimme some server names so I can peek in on ya!

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    <a href="http://www.augustknights.com" target="_blank">AugustKnights.com</a> WizOp