Thread: Website building, HELP!!!!

Website building, HELP!!!!

Hey guys, I need to put a web site together for my boss within the next few weeks. (Asbestos, mold consulting firm) I haven’t built a webpage in probably 5 years. I know so much has changed..

I need to know what you guys would recommend I do???? Please help me (insert sad face here).

What programs are the best for newbies?, Maybe even a more advanced one will work better? I am pretty computer literate and know basic html.

Any and all suggestions will help me extremely!

Thanks guys.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Go to a hosting company like Hostway .

They can help you register your domain, host your site, and they have online sitebuilding tools - even if you want to run a storefront and actually do online selling, they handle like 90% of the code. And it's free (with the account, of course.)

If you want to get your hands dirty and do the entire thing yourself, the answer depends on how much you're willing to spend.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

The tool we use at work is Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004. If you really want to go whole hog, get your company to buy you Macromedia Studio MX 2004--that's Dreamweaver along with Flash, Fireworks (an image editor), and Freehand (page layout software). Here's a link to the Studio site. Squidly's right about getting the hosting company to do the online selling portion of your site, too. Messy stuff.

No selling will be done, just building it for exposure and marketing. Trying new ways to bring in business.. As far as cost goes, doesn’t matter really, My boss will pay for the programs np.

Doubt Ill ad any flash or anything. just building the site html style or what ever is used now lol..

I will check out Hostway. Thanks squid...

any other suggestions?

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    If it's basic stuff without selling, flash or fluff, Hostway has site builder tools that automate just about everything. I've used them to host my site for over 5 years now.