Thread: AT&T is getting annoying

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Has anyone else been bait 'n switched by AT&T lately? I don't use my house phone for long distance, I have cell phones for that, but it seemed like a good idea to have the option. A year ago AT&T offered the service with no fee's, so I figured sure, I only pay if I use.

Except last month they sent me a bill for $25 as a line access service fee (or something like that). When I call, they say that they decided to switch the terms of our plan and now I'm supposed to pay every few months just to have the service there.

So I tell them to bite me, and cancel (for which my local carrier charges me a $10 fee - but that's another story). Now AT&T is calling from India every day asking for me to pay the bill.

I'm pretty unhappy with this - I was told when I signed up with them that there would be no fees. I never recieved notice otherwise that I can recall, and even if I had, I sure don't remember ever signing anything with them.

I'm thinking of just canceling my local land line to keep them from finding me. I use cell phones for everything anyway, but I don't want these clowns to cause problems for me (credit rating, etc.) Any advise?

I have gone completely cellular. It works for me. I find it very convenient that only those whom I have chosen can contact me. No more annoying sales calls. You may e-mail the AT&T cust. service and express your outrage. Seems kinda shady to me. Good luck
    "]

Sounds a lot like the A.O.L scam to me!!!!
    Wonder if they been having dinner parties together merging ideas ACK a conspiracy

A.O....AT&T???

Believe it or not, I do not know a single person with a land line. (At least among my everyday friends, my grandmother does have a land line, however.)

Can't help you with the credit thing other than to say two things.

1) It sounds like it's going to take a lot of screaming to supervisors to get things done And,

2) Keep a record of every employee you talk to, including names, dates, times, employee id#'s , job titles and, importantly, what was said and what was promised; verbatim.

I'm currently fighting with Visa because they made an error two years ago crediting my $75 and now they're trying to tell me I owe them something like $500... and I wish I'd kept proper phone records. I keep all records for at least a year now.

Good luck.
    Hasta,
    Boom