Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned from server.

ColorThumbsUp Banned from server.

First I'd like to apologize for this being my first post in your forums. I just found your server today and I like it. It happend at ~6:18pm on 5-13. After looking in gamespy the Admins or people with AK tags I seen were Gunny, Pops, Bribo and JD.

I was on for a few maps when Fall of Lang Vei came on, I was on the NVA side. The spawn chopper took me to the american airbase where i took the Cobra Attack Chopper. After that I picked up a gunner and I started attacking the Americans and capping flags with my gunner. Eventually my gunner bailed so I continued capping flags and killing trying to get a copilot when possible. Long story short, last I checked my score was somewhere around 60-50-0, I was covering the north east flag (under american control) while a friendly ground vehicle was pulling in to cap it when i was then banned.

I just want to know why I was banned and if you can unban me?

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Anyone on tonight want to shed some light on this? I can see that someone banned him until June 12 in the server log.
    [AK]Abaddon

First of all he didn't have a gunner he was solo, secondly he was hovering over the rice paddy flag where I hit him with 3 shots from the Mutt(Jeep mounted rocket) after the first he he started smoking, then as he was hovering over the flag his cobra stopped smoking. I also saw several other guys shooting at him at the same time, after some discussion about what was happening and that he could take more damage than anyone I have ever seen in a cobra before, the 1 month ban was issued. The Mutt can easily take a Cobra out in 1-2 shots after I hit him 3 times and then watched the damage just go away while he was hovering that was enough. Also while he was hovering there were 3 guys lighting him up with M60's, something just wasn't right.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Roger that ... I have never had an MI-8 survive three M.U.T.T. shots.
    [AK]Abaddon

Originally posted by [AK]Gunny Highway
    First of all he didn't have a gunner he was solo, secondly he was hovering over the rice paddy flag where I hit him with 3 shots from the Mutt(Jeep mounted rocket) after the first he he started smoking, then as he was hovering over the flag his cobra stopped smoking. I also saw several other guys shooting at him at the same time, after some discussion about what was happening and that he could take more damage than anyone I have ever seen in a cobra before, the 1 month ban was issued. The Mutt can easily take a Cobra out in 1-2 shots after I hit him 3 times and then watched the damage just go away while he was hovering that was enough. Also while he was hovering there were 3 guys lighting him up with M60's, something just wasn't right.
    As I said I lost my gunner. I had one on and off during the map. As for your mutt shots I was only hit by ONE which took me down to a quarter of health and smoking like crazy (Did you get hit marks on all 3 shots?). I dont know if you noticed this or not but I make quite a few trips to my home airfield for repairs. Only one of your mutts hit me at the rice paddy and I took off quickly after that happend, then returned to blow up the mutt that shot me, I dont know if it was you but I did blow up a mutt at the paddy after getting shot by one. Whenever I fly a chopper My rule is never let it get below half health, If it does I head back to base, I even head back to base just missing a quarter of health sometimes.

I'm sorry for being in ass but I am calling you out on this one. No cheat has ever been loaded on this computer or any computer I've owned. I've been a member of SU for over three years and a leader of it for one year. If there was anyway I was cheating theres NO WAY IN HELL I would disrespect my clan by wearing the tag. We've had admins like you in the past. You see part of whats going on and see the score and automatically think someone is cheating so you ban. [b]BUT I HAVE A QUESTION[b] If i was [i]cheating[i] then why is it only a time ban? Dont cheaters get perma ban?

I just want the ban lifted so I can play in your server before 30 days pass. IF you want we can play that map again and one of you can be my copilot and I'll show you how I fly. If I can steal the cobra early in that map I can duplicate the score I had easily.

[SU]Hanniballs
    www.slackersunited.com
    Last edited by [SU]Hanniballs; 05-14-2004 at 09:28 AM.

"Call me out" all you want, I know what a hit indicator is and I also saw enough firepower hit you to bring down 10 cobra's. I rarely perma ban, and as I am not currently aware of any invincability hacks I figured it was possibly a glitch. That still doesn't explain the fact that you never left the flag even though according to you you flew away repaired and then returned. I am out of state on business, I will check back Monday when I get back.
    Last edited by [AK]Gunny Highway; 05-15-2004 at 10:19 AM.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein

The Donky.
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Gunny Highway
    "Call me out" all you want, I know what a hit indicator is and I also saw enough firepower hit you to bring down 10 cobra's. I rarely perma ban, and as I am not currently aware of any invincability hacks I figured it was possibly a glitch. That still doesn't explain the fact that you never left the flag even though according to you you flew away repaired and then returned. I am out of state on business, I will check back Monday when I get back.
    I know it's probably none of my buisness, but, I do have something everybody should know.

Invinciblity hacks cannot be used client side, they must be on server side. There are latency manipulation hacks that can be used that, create enough latency to create choppy movement and make it near impossible to hit, but invincibility hacks are practically non-existant.

There may be ways to get around it, but none that I've ever heard of...and I ran and adminned several servers throughout the years. Now, I know this is an AK issue, so I won't give you my opinion on his banning. But, I thought you might want to know that invincibilty/health hacks need to be server side.(Unless there's something in BF:V's coding that allows for, which in all the games I've played there never has been.)

The information gathered for this post can be viewed at: http://www.counter-hack.net/content....e=typesofhacks

For more information on cheats/hacks, visit: http://www.counter-hack.net

First of all I never said he hacks, I said something wasn't right. I am done with this thread if someone else wants to remove his ban then go for it, all I know is it won't be me.

Quote Originally Posted by LukyDaDonky
    I know it's probably none of my buisness, but, I do have something everybody should know.

Invinciblity hacks cannot be used client side, they must be on server side. There are latency manipulation hacks that can be used that, create enough latency to create choppy movement and make it near impossible to hit, but invincibility hacks are practically non-existant.

There may be ways to get around it, but none that I've ever heard of...and I ran and adminned several servers throughout the years. Now, I know this is an AK issue, so I won't give you my opinion on his banning. But, I thought you might want to know that invincibilty/health hacks need to be server side.(Unless there's something in BF:V's coding that allows for, which in all the games I've played there never has been.)

The information gathered for this post can be viewed at: http://www.counter-hack.net/content....e=typesofhacks

For more information on cheats/hacks, visit: http://www.counter-hack.net
    One last thing before I stop participating in this dead issue IMO, Not sure what your point is here Luky, I admin 3 cs servers still to this day but your comparing games built on 2 different engines. Whether or not it was a hack or glitch that he willingly took advantage of or gremlins possesing his pc that caused his chopper to heal while hovering over the flag right in front of me. I made my decision and stand by it.

The Donky.
    Ok.
    First off, I meant no offense by my earlier post, and I'm sorry if you took it that way(or perhaps I misconceived the last post?).

Secondly, I may have been comparing many seperate engines, but after verifying that the health variable is serverside in BF:V, I felt confident comparing the seperate engines. In all the games I've adminned, the health variable has always been serverside, if you need a list of the games: RTCW,RTCW:ET,CoD,BF'42,BF'42(DC),TFC,DoD,UT,UT2k3, UT2k4, and AvP2. Truthfully, none of that actually matters, the only reason I even mentioned it in the first place is because, in all my years of adminning and working with the community, I've never seen an invulnerability hack. As far as an exploit is concerned, I've never heard of anything even close to that in BF:V, but I won't discount the fact that he, just may, be the only one knowledgable of such an exploit.

I wasn't asking you to un-ban him, I didn't even tell you my opinion. I may have been there when he was banned, and played several maps against him, but I didn't voice my opinion because I felt it was an AK issue. I only play on the AK server, because I rarely get a chance to play these days and when I do, I want to play on a well adminned server with friendly people(it doesn't hurt that the serv's in Reno too).

But, I will offer up my opinion, because of that post insinuating that I did offer up my opinion. I believe he was wrongly banned, I did not witness that exact instance. Now, everybody makes mistakes and percieves things differently, which is why I suspect, you allow people to "plead" their case.

Luky as you know you are a respected regular and I welcome your input, but I have seen glitches in game and even experienced them. I have at least had the courtesy to drop and reconnect when I found I couldn't take damage. It only happened once but I have also been driving my tank and all of a sudden dropped through a bridge into the water. When I couldn't take damage I also couldn't shoot, so I don't necessarily think he was hacking as previously stated but whatever it was I had seen enough. I normally wouldn't continue on a thread where I have said I am done but out of respect for one of our regulars I felt I should respond to your last post. When I responded yesterday I had been at work for almost 12 hours at a disaster recovery scenario so I may have responded poorly to your post for which I apologize. I still stand by my original decision but respect and welcome your comments.

The Donky.
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Gunny Highway
    Luky as you know you are a respected regular and I welcome your input, but I have seen glitches in game and even experienced them. I have at least had the courtesy to drop and reconnect when I found I couldn't take damage. It only happened once but I have also been driving my tank and all of a sudden dropped through a bridge into the water. When I couldn't take damage I also couldn't shoot, so I don't necessarily think he was hacking as previously stated but whatever it was I had seen enough. I normally wouldn't continue on a thread where I have said I am done but out of respect for one of our regulars I felt I should respond to your last post. When I responded yesterday I had been at work for almost 12 hours at a disaster recovery scenario so I may have responded poorly to your post for which I apologize. I still stand by my original decision but respect and welcome your comments.
    Ok, that's more than understandable. Thank you for listening to my side, and I can also understand your side. I don't believe there is much else on this issue. Thank you again for listening to my side, and I apologize for the "harshness" of my previous post.

I wasnt cheating or glitching. I dont know what you saw but I know I was taking damage and IT wasnt healing itself. I guess you guys have made your decision to keep me banned. I'll just have to find another server to play on until the ban is up. MY offer is still up, If anyone wants to play that map with me on 1 of the EA servers I can duplicate the score and show you how I fly.

[SU]Hanniballs
    MSNM: raveillusion@hotmail.com

Hanniballs, IMO you have come here and conducted yourself in manner that is respectable even though you were probably a little pissed. I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one based on your conduct here and if you can provide your cd hash I will lift the ban.

whats the console command to find my cd hash?