YES!

Believe it or not the sometime ranting and raving Cheese has a real question.
First off let me address this. I thank you guys for tolerating my incompressible outbursts. I know that it is foolhardy and I promise to no longer do such things. I really enjoy it here, and actually it is not for the game play. To me games are just that, they come and go, and they really do not hold my interest that much. Why I like it here so much is that you are some of diverse minds that I have come across in a very long time. I enjoy your banter and it makes me think. I am not very good at any of the games that you guys play here, simply because I just like to play, and I like the commrodiary. So from now on I will show a greater level of respect towards the establishment that I really do honor. Before I asked you to tolerate me, however toleration only can go so far, when responsibility is not adhered to. So I want to thank you all for letting me be me.

I appreciate it.

Now this is my point.

The political process in this country is a very (shall I say) "Sided Event", that meaning we all have our opinions about the various goings on of our government. However there are some things that come up on this forum that I do not get.

Here we go.

Some of you say that the "Liberal Media" well is too liberal. This I do not understand. You see to me News is just, News. And it is up to me to decipher and take in and decide how I process this information. Back to the point, can some of you take the time and explain to me what it is that you mean by a "Liberal Media". Because this I really do not understand.

Is it the way in which the stories are told in conjunction with a spin that supports a pro or con agenda? Or is it a certain agenda that you are not liking that is being told, and the other side (be it con or whatever) is also not being fairly addressed?

Take for instance, Sonic when he speaks on a political agenda sites facts that are mostly in direct quotation of what a person says. In rebuttal I have noticed that sometimes people agree or disagree on the "Context" or shall I say the "Interpretation" (how you and I see it) of these facts.

If the media is too liberal for some, do you not listen? If you do not listen then where is it that you get your information from that helps you formulate your opinions? I only ask because to me again, news is news. Everyone has a spin (as you can tell by my beliefs) on what it is that they see and how they interpret those facts.

I am (believe it or not) a registered card carrying Republican. I am very pro business and believe that there should be a separation between government and individual rights. I do understand that sometimes things do come up where we have to give up certain freedoms for the better good of us all. I am not here (in this thread) to debate on the context of that belief. I also believe that we all have are rights to our opinions, no matter how heated they me be. Yet at this point it seems to me that this country is more polarized and divided along the segmentation of politics that has not been seen in many, many years.

I guess that is why I would just like to have a few more facts that concern and point to the nature of beliefs than to just point a finger and say, "well so and so did this and so and so did that".

Lastly, there are very few things that I have been afraid of in life. Yet ironically I will say that back in 2000 I went to a fund raiser for Bush 43 and I saw how people were so entrenched in a political ideology that it really scared the heck out of me, so I left the rally. I at the time had just never seen such fervor for something or someone like that before. I know that it may be kind of crazy that being a African American guy that I am a republican, but like I said I am very pro-business and I like the notion of free enterprise. That is why I am Republican. But enough about my beliefs, I would just like to have the liberal media aspect of my question addressed and perhaps someone could point me to other avenues to get information from that they feel is not so liberal in it's reporting context.

Thanks fellas

-Cheese-