Thread: Filling tanks ?

Filling tanks ?

I have a question for you guys in the know. I have access to many types of medical grade gasses at work, including CO2 and Nitrogen I was thinking I could possibley fill my own tanks provided I had the corrected regulator and valve assembly and the purchaser isn't looking . I am wondering if the hardware would make this cost prohibitive? Any thoughts ..

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Air fills are inexpensive. Typically fields will fill your tank with compressed air. If you buy a scuba tank you can get an adapter for about $40 that will allow you to xfer compressed air from that to the paintball tank. You can get a good number of fills that way (12 or so I think) before you have to fill the big tank.

Still, unless you and a bunch of buddies are going to be playing "ghetto ball" out in the woods by yourselves somewhere, it hardly seems worth the cost and effort. I wouldn't muck around with N2 tanks from your workplace. That one fill isn't going to save you much even if you get it to work. On an average day's play I'll fill up my 45/4500 5-6 times. CO2 is even more tricky...you do it by weight rather than just letting the things equalize.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.