Thread: My Doom3 Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Doom3 Review

First off, this is one of the most beautiful.. albiet freaky.. games I have ever played.

When I first fired it up I had to of course change my resolution.. 640x480 doesn't cut it, neither does 800x600. I'm currently running it at 1024x768, with a lot turned down or off, but it hasn't affected the look of the game at all.. It's still gorgeous.

I just made it through the first level. I was freaked out, to tell the truth.. those things just jump out of nowhere... and I mean nowhere, Nebraska.

All in all I give the game an A+ so far.. for being one of the best games to ever be installed on my computer.

Now give me my Tribes:Vengance.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Waiting to pick this up once I get my new machine built and running, but for you ATI users, they've put out some beta drivers specifically geared to get better performance in doom3

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4547.html

Get this ATI stuff out of my thread!...

<- Extremely Anti-ATI.. Nvidia all the way!
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

ATI x800 XT! ATI x800 XT! ATI X800XT! Hmmm looks great here and no beta driver.. Smooth as silk and everything is on... Did the 6800 ultra come out yet? Doomed again..

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Looks great on my 6800GT. I'm running 1024x768, with zero drop during the action. I had some trouble installing this card, and I'll relate the story as soon as I have time. You WILL laugh when you hear what the problem turned to be.

First couple of levels are awesome...that's all I had time to play through after fixing my "issue."
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Squidly
    Looks great on my 6800GT. I'm running 1024x768, with zero drop during the action. I had some trouble installing this card, and I'll relate the story as soon as I have time. You WILL laugh when you hear what the problem turned to be.

First couple of levels are awesome...that's all I had time to play through after fixing my "issue."
    Let me guess. Forgot to hook up the secondary power cable?
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

I made it through the first level Mars City underground (I think that's what it was), the detail in this game is amazing. I used the scan for hardware and select optimal settings feature which set me up at 800x600 medium detail. Although the game is very nicely done I am just not a big fan of fighting supernatural creatures. I am waiting to see what they do multiplayer then it might be a game that I would be more interested in. I have to admit though while I was in the Mars City underground there were a few times that I got the chills, again due to the amazing detail and sound quality of the game.
    Last edited by [AK]Gunny Highway; 08-04-2004 at 04:20 AM.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

well I beat the game tonight and had a lot of fun doing so, although I probably should have played on the hard setting... but now I can just skip that and go straight to the nightmare level... fun fun.

So does anyone hate those damn baby things as much as I do? They were the most annoying monster in the game I thought.

And whoever is in charge of Hells transporter needs to be fired, he keeps zapping in all those imps, and I keep kicking the crap out of them. If I were at the helm of Hells transporter service I'd have a nice solid line of daemon knights waiting to be sent through, although those are pretty easy to kill with just a shot gun... Maybe a baby brigade, what are those little dudes called anyway?
    pix