Thread: Priceless

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar

Priceless

http://www.drudgereport.com/dncg.htm

Doesn't look like a pistol grip to me but who am I to argue?
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I sent Drudge an email on that earlier this morning. It read as follows:

=====
    I think you blew today's headline story, Drudge. The Browning Auto-5 that Kerry flaunts in the photographs on your site does NOT have a pistol grip. There exists an extensive variety of semi-automatic and automatic shotguns with pistol grips. For instance, the Remington 11-87 Police semi-automatic 12-gauge
    (http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/rem1187pol2.jpg) is a good example of a shotgun that would be banned by Kerry's bill.
    =====

How the bill's opponents could have proven that "nearly all" firearms have pistol grips, I don't know. Even considering the bill's loose description of a pistol grip, I don't see how anyone could construe a standard shotgun stock to be a pistol grip.

"I sharded Thunderfury!" [AK]Camelwalk's Avatar
    How does this sound "Palooka for President". You know you probility would make a better canadiate!

I'd vote for Palooka.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

The definition of a pistol grip is a little gray.

For example, this is what most people would agree is a pistol grip on a rifle:

(Scary isn't it? I have one in the gun safe just like it. I keep it in the safe, because I live close to a school and I fear it may leap out on its own and do harm.)

This is an example of a rifle without a pistol grip - note how it's just a straight stock.

But many people refer to the below photoed type of stock as a pistol grip stock too. Indeed, the caption to this photo is that this stock is a pistol grip stock - from the website of the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Formally known and the Directorate of Civilian Marksmanship - a division of the US Army. They should know:

As to what's banned, I believe legally only the top photoed configuration is not legal. We have a confusing case where people who don't really know guns very well passed legal definitions. Even the term "assault rifle" Before September 1994, an Assault rifle was a rifle firing an intermediate power round, like .223 or 7.62X39 capable of full automatic, as well as semi-automatic fire. Everyone knew this.

Then the hoplophobes passed a law where anything that looked kinda scary was defined as an assault rifle. You can still buy the top rifle. You just can't have it with that tiny dot of metal hanging off the bottom of the foresight.

I don't think the shotgun Kerry is holding is banned - yet. But you can bet the farm that if you gave him a Democratic legislature, it'd be banned quicker than taxes will go up. And that, my friends, is only one of the reasons why I think this clown is a disaster.

-Clay
    Last edited by [AK]Clay; 09-07-2004 at 04:53 PM.